May 7, 2013, 10:43 PM EDT
Syracuse and Villanova will continue playing each other in a post-Big East world for the next three seasons.
On Monday, The Juice reported that sources had confirmed that the two programs will play three games over three years in three different locations. Syracuse would get a home game at the Carrier Dome while Villanova will play host at the Wells Fargo Center the next season. The last game of the three-game series would be played at Madison Square Garden, likely part of a doubleheader.
During Syracuse’s farewell tour this season in the Big East, head coach Jim Boeheim made it clear he wanted to continue to play former Big East opponents despite the new home in the ACC. It was announced in January that Syracuse and St. John’s would continue to play each other through the 2015-2016 season.
The out-of-conference schedule Syracuse is putting together over the next few seasons, although difficult, will ennsure the Orange make several appearances at Madison Square Garden until 2016. On Dec. 14, St. John’s host Syracuse at MSG. To start the 2014-2015 season, Syracuse will play in the 2K Sports Classic — meaning the Orange have two games in the World’s Most Famous Arena — and then a neutral site game to end their three-game series with Villanova.
This November, Syracuse is slated to participate in the Maui Invitational and an appearance in the Battle 4 Atlantis in 2015. These out-of-conference games and tournaments are on top of an ACC schedule against the likes of Duke, North Carolina, Pittsburgh, Louisville and others in the coming seasons.
Boeheim had previously expressed interest in playing against long-time rival Georgetown.
Jul 3, 2015, 11:00 PM EDT
The top four players remain the same.
Jul 3, 2015, 9:19 PM EDT
The redshirt junior has not played since January 2014.
Jul 3, 2015, 7:30 PM EDT
The rising sophomore was originally being blocked from transferring to 55 schools.
Jul 3, 2015, 6:08 PM EDT
Ohio State begins its 2017 class with a local product.
Jul 3, 2015, 4:30 PM EDT
Jalen Brunson led USA Basketball with 17 points.
Jul 3, 2015, 3:03 PM EDT
Given Oregon’s many perimeter options, minutes were likely to be at a premium for Rorie in 2015-16.
Jul 3, 2015, 2:10 PM EDT
A lot of unranked players made their way into the top five in a surprisingly deep class.
Jul 3, 2015, 1:40 PM EDT
Jalen Brunson led four Americans in double figures with 17 points.
Jul 3, 2015, 11:30 AM EDT
Minnesota is one of four schools the 6-foot-10 center is reportedly considering.
Jul 3, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT
The lone school to host the Georgia native on an official visit is considered to be the favorite in this recruiting race.
Jul 2, 2015, 7:40 PM EDT
Oregon still has a date to fill (December 29), which the school expects to be filled by an in-state opponent.
Jul 2, 2015, 4:30 PM EDT
This is nasty.
Jul 2, 2015, 3:45 PM EDT
The Class of 2007 produced some very good players, including one who’s an NBA MVP and others who have developed into perennial all-stars.
Jul 2, 2015, 2:53 PM EDT
I’m a big fan of these, particularly the dark grey ones.
Jul 2, 2015, 12:43 PM EDT
Cell phone addiction is a national crisis.
Jul 2, 2015, 12:17 PM EDT
Can anyone guess what that moment is?
Jul 2, 2015, 10:09 AM EDT
This is something else.
Jul 2, 2015, 9:27 AM EDT
The Golden Bears should still be alright this season.
Jul 1, 2015, 10:05 PM EDT
Dillard becomes Oklahoma State’s fourth addition to the program.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)
- UCLA lands four-star center, second 2017 commitment (3)
- So what happened to the chair Bobby Knight threw in 1985? (3)
- Flooding from storm damages Denver’s practice floor (PHOTOS) (3)