May 7, 2013, 10:25 AM EDT
Never fear, New Jersey hoops fans, your states biggest rivalry won’t be dying alongside the Big East.
Despite now playing in separate conferences, Rutgers and Seton Hall will be playing once a season for the foreseeable future, according to a report.
Next season, the game will be played in early December and will take place at Rutgers, with the host alternating every season, but the details will be worked out as Rutgers continues to fill out the rest of their Athletic Department in the wake of the Mike Rice scandal.
Rutgers will play in the AAC next season before moving on to the Big Ten. Seton Hall is a member of the new Big East.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Senior guard Delon Wright, Utah aim to end NCAA tournament drought 0
- Arizona-commit Justin Simon may not be a PG, but that may not matter 0
- USA Basketball experience motivates five-star big man Chase Jeter 1
- adidas Unrivaled Camp Day 2: Chase Jeter outplays Carlton Bragg in a battle of five-star big men 1
- Five-star wing Brandon Ingram elevates his play during July 1
- CBT Quotables Part 1: Jawun Evans, Diamond Stone, Skal Labissiere and more 1
- LeBron James Skills Academy Day 2 Recap: Huntington Prep tandem enjoys productive Thursday 0
- Rashad McCants says he’s getting $310 million from UNC, NCAA (16)
- Rashad McCants says there was never a relationship between him and Roy Williams (AUDIO) (11)
- Report: Memphis football player attacked Dominic Woodson, advisor (5)
- Rick Brunson used Patrick Ewing’s name to deceive masseuse which led to his arrest (3)
- Report: Naadir Tharpe to turn pro (3)