May 7, 2013, 10:25 AM EST
Never fear, New Jersey hoops fans, your states biggest rivalry won’t be dying alongside the Big East.
Despite now playing in separate conferences, Rutgers and Seton Hall will be playing once a season for the foreseeable future, according to a report.
Next season, the game will be played in early December and will take place at Rutgers, with the host alternating every season, but the details will be worked out as Rutgers continues to fill out the rest of their Athletic Department in the wake of the Mike Rice scandal.
Rutgers will play in the AAC next season before moving on to the Big Ten. Seton Hall is a member of the new Big East.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives 1
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 0
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 13
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)