May 7, 2013, 10:25 AM EDT
Never fear, New Jersey hoops fans, your states biggest rivalry won’t be dying alongside the Big East.
Despite now playing in separate conferences, Rutgers and Seton Hall will be playing once a season for the foreseeable future, according to a report.
Next season, the game will be played in early December and will take place at Rutgers, with the host alternating every season, but the details will be worked out as Rutgers continues to fill out the rest of their Athletic Department in the wake of the Mike Rice scandal.
Rutgers will play in the AAC next season before moving on to the Big Ten. Seton Hall is a member of the new Big East.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)