May 7, 2013, 10:25 AM EDT
Never fear, New Jersey hoops fans, your states biggest rivalry won’t be dying alongside the Big East.
Despite now playing in separate conferences, Rutgers and Seton Hall will be playing once a season for the foreseeable future, according to a report.
Next season, the game will be played in early December and will take place at Rutgers, with the host alternating every season, but the details will be worked out as Rutgers continues to fill out the rest of their Athletic Department in the wake of the Mike Rice scandal.
Rutgers will play in the AAC next season before moving on to the Big Ten. Seton Hall is a member of the new Big East.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 7
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 4
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (7)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (4)