May 7, 2013, 3:17 PM EDT
Remember all that talk about how Tony Chennault had decided to transfer out of Villanova one year after he was granted a waiver to be eligible immediately after transferring in from Wake Forest?
Well, you can forget all of that.
Chennault will be returning to the Wildcats after all.
“Our basketball family is happy that Tony has had a change of heart and decided that he wants to complete his college career and graduate from Villanova,” Wildcats head coach Jay Wright said in a statement.
Chennault averaged 3.6 points in 18.5 minutes as a junior last season, coming off the bench to be Villanova’s back-up to Ryan Arcidiacono at the point. With Chennault back in the lineup, Wright now has even more back court depth at his disposal.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)