May 7, 2013, 3:17 PM EDT
Remember all that talk about how Tony Chennault had decided to transfer out of Villanova one year after he was granted a waiver to be eligible immediately after transferring in from Wake Forest?
Well, you can forget all of that.
Chennault will be returning to the Wildcats after all.
“Our basketball family is happy that Tony has had a change of heart and decided that he wants to complete his college career and graduate from Villanova,” Wildcats head coach Jay Wright said in a statement.
Chennault averaged 3.6 points in 18.5 minutes as a junior last season, coming off the bench to be Villanova’s back-up to Ryan Arcidiacono at the point. With Chennault back in the lineup, Wright now has even more back court depth at his disposal.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- No. 3 Notre Dame knocks off No. 7 Wichita State to get to the Elite 8 13
- Tradition of success through change raises expectations at Xavier 1
- Sweet 16 Preview: The top 16 players left in the tournament 10
- Sweet 16 Preview: The x-factor in each game this week 1
- Ranking the Sweet 16 matchups 8
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close 36
- Sweet 16 Power Rankings: Reseeding the NCAA tournament field 15
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Updated tournament records: Kentucky moves SEC above .500 (22)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- Reports: Indiana coach Tom Crean said ‘you suck’ to referee after loss to Wichita State (19)
- Sweet 16 Power Rankings: Reseeding the NCAA tournament field (15)