May 7, 2013, 3:17 PM EST
Remember all that talk about how Tony Chennault had decided to transfer out of Villanova one year after he was granted a waiver to be eligible immediately after transferring in from Wake Forest?
Well, you can forget all of that.
Chennault will be returning to the Wildcats after all.
“Our basketball family is happy that Tony has had a change of heart and decided that he wants to complete his college career and graduate from Villanova,” Wildcats head coach Jay Wright said in a statement.
Chennault averaged 3.6 points in 18.5 minutes as a junior last season, coming off the bench to be Villanova’s back-up to Ryan Arcidiacono at the point. With Chennault back in the lineup, Wright now has even more back court depth at his disposal.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Creighton’s Doug McDermott scores his 3,000th point (VIDEO) 0
- Bubble Banter: Oregon, Tennessee headline Saturday’s early winners 0
- Oregon’s big win over No. 3 Arizona caps impressive regular season turnaround 0
- No. 8 Kansas loses, but The Andrew Wiggins Show is what’s important 1
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league 5
- Harvard wraps up third consecutive NCAA tournament berth (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend Preview: The regular season comes to a close 1
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy (6)
- Bracketology: Eight teams in play for No. 1 seeds (6)