May 7, 2013, 3:17 PM EDT
Remember all that talk about how Tony Chennault had decided to transfer out of Villanova one year after he was granted a waiver to be eligible immediately after transferring in from Wake Forest?
Well, you can forget all of that.
Chennault will be returning to the Wildcats after all.
“Our basketball family is happy that Tony has had a change of heart and decided that he wants to complete his college career and graduate from Villanova,” Wildcats head coach Jay Wright said in a statement.
Chennault averaged 3.6 points in 18.5 minutes as a junior last season, coming off the bench to be Villanova’s back-up to Ryan Arcidiacono at the point. With Chennault back in the lineup, Wright now has even more back court depth at his disposal.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 1
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Maryland transfer eligible this season at Georgia Tech (3)
- Watch Kentucky fans sprinting to line up for Big Blue Madness tickets (VIDEO) (2)
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference (2)
- Newspaper apologizes for its illustration of Kentucky head coach John Calipari (2)