May 7, 2013, 3:17 PM EST
Remember all that talk about how Tony Chennault had decided to transfer out of Villanova one year after he was granted a waiver to be eligible immediately after transferring in from Wake Forest?
Well, you can forget all of that.
Chennault will be returning to the Wildcats after all.
“Our basketball family is happy that Tony has had a change of heart and decided that he wants to complete his college career and graduate from Villanova,” Wildcats head coach Jay Wright said in a statement.
Chennault averaged 3.6 points in 18.5 minutes as a junior last season, coming off the bench to be Villanova’s back-up to Ryan Arcidiacono at the point. With Chennault back in the lineup, Wright now has even more back court depth at his disposal.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)