May 8, 2013, 1:50 PM EDT
Last month, St. John’s forward Amir Garrett announced that he would be transferring out of the program on his twitter feed.
On Wednesday afternoon, the 6-foot-6 Los Angeles native tweeted out his transfer destination, telling the world “I’m coming home” while announcing that he will be enrolling at Cal St. Northridge.
Garrett didn’t make it to St. John’s until midway through his freshman season after dealing with some initial eligibility issues. But as a sophomore in 2012-2013, he saw his playing time and production get cut, as he finished the season averaging 5.4 points and 4.3 rebounds in just over 20 minutes per game for a team that finished 17-16 on the year, including 8-10 in the Big East.
Garrett, and athletic left-handed forward, was ranked as the No. 68 player in the Class of 2011, according to Rivals. He’ll be a huge addition for Reggie Theus as he begins his tenure as head coach at CSUN, where he takes over a program that went 14-17 last season and 5-13 in the Big West, good for second-to-last place.
Basketball isn’t the only sport that Garrett is currently playing, as he is also a pitcher in the Cincinnati Reds’ organization. He reached the Reds’ Single A team in Billings, MT, last season.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (4)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)