May 8, 2013, 2:03 PM EDT
Pitt’s Jamie Dixon will try, once again, to buffer his perimeter rotation with a piece from the mid-major ranks, as he has reportedly added Marshall transfer and Pittsburgh native Deandre Kane.
Kane told Jeff Goodman of CBSSports.com that he will be committing to the Panthers on a visit there this weekend.
Kane, who turns 24 next month, will be eligible to receive a graduate transfer waiver as long as he completes his final two classes. He should be able to produce immediately for the Panthers, ashe seems to be a prototype Pittsburgh wing. He’s a physical, 6-foot-4 guard that can score (he has averaged at least 15 points is each of his three seasons with Marshall) and create for his teammates (he averaged 7.0 assists as a junior).
He’s not exactly the best decision maker, as he turns the ball over way too often and shot far too many threes for someone that has shot less than 28% from deep in his career. But with more talent around him, Kane shouldn’t have to be required to carry such a heavy load offensively.
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Watch Kentucky fans sprinting to line up for Big Blue Madness tickets (VIDEO) (2)
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference (2)