May 8, 2013, 2:03 PM EST
Pitt’s Jamie Dixon will try, once again, to buffer his perimeter rotation with a piece from the mid-major ranks, as he has reportedly added Marshall transfer and Pittsburgh native Deandre Kane.
Kane told Jeff Goodman of CBSSports.com that he will be committing to the Panthers on a visit there this weekend.
Kane, who turns 24 next month, will be eligible to receive a graduate transfer waiver as long as he completes his final two classes. He should be able to produce immediately for the Panthers, ashe seems to be a prototype Pittsburgh wing. He’s a physical, 6-foot-4 guard that can score (he has averaged at least 15 points is each of his three seasons with Marshall) and create for his teammates (he averaged 7.0 assists as a junior).
He’s not exactly the best decision maker, as he turns the ball over way too often and shot far too many threes for someone that has shot less than 28% from deep in his career. But with more talent around him, Kane shouldn’t have to be required to carry such a heavy load offensively.
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)