May 8, 2013, 2:03 PM EDT
Pitt’s Jamie Dixon will try, once again, to buffer his perimeter rotation with a piece from the mid-major ranks, as he has reportedly added Marshall transfer and Pittsburgh native Deandre Kane.
Kane told Jeff Goodman of CBSSports.com that he will be committing to the Panthers on a visit there this weekend.
Kane, who turns 24 next month, will be eligible to receive a graduate transfer waiver as long as he completes his final two classes. He should be able to produce immediately for the Panthers, ashe seems to be a prototype Pittsburgh wing. He’s a physical, 6-foot-4 guard that can score (he has averaged at least 15 points is each of his three seasons with Marshall) and create for his teammates (he averaged 7.0 assists as a junior).
He’s not exactly the best decision maker, as he turns the ball over way too often and shot far too many threes for someone that has shot less than 28% from deep in his career. But with more talent around him, Kane shouldn’t have to be required to carry such a heavy load offensively.
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield returning for senior season 0
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft 3
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Five members of Iowa State’s 2014-15 team have been arrested after two more arrests this week (9)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)