May 8, 2013, 2:03 PM EDT
Pitt’s Jamie Dixon will try, once again, to buffer his perimeter rotation with a piece from the mid-major ranks, as he has reportedly added Marshall transfer and Pittsburgh native Deandre Kane.
Kane told Jeff Goodman of CBSSports.com that he will be committing to the Panthers on a visit there this weekend.
Kane, who turns 24 next month, will be eligible to receive a graduate transfer waiver as long as he completes his final two classes. He should be able to produce immediately for the Panthers, ashe seems to be a prototype Pittsburgh wing. He’s a physical, 6-foot-4 guard that can score (he has averaged at least 15 points is each of his three seasons with Marshall) and create for his teammates (he averaged 7.0 assists as a junior).
He’s not exactly the best decision maker, as he turns the ball over way too often and shot far too many threes for someone that has shot less than 28% from deep in his career. But with more talent around him, Kane shouldn’t have to be required to carry such a heavy load offensively.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: College Basketball Dream Team 0
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)