May 8, 2013, 2:03 PM EST
Pitt’s Jamie Dixon will try, once again, to buffer his perimeter rotation with a piece from the mid-major ranks, as he has reportedly added Marshall transfer and Pittsburgh native Deandre Kane.
Kane told Jeff Goodman of CBSSports.com that he will be committing to the Panthers on a visit there this weekend.
Kane, who turns 24 next month, will be eligible to receive a graduate transfer waiver as long as he completes his final two classes. He should be able to produce immediately for the Panthers, ashe seems to be a prototype Pittsburgh wing. He’s a physical, 6-foot-4 guard that can score (he has averaged at least 15 points is each of his three seasons with Marshall) and create for his teammates (he averaged 7.0 assists as a junior).
He’s not exactly the best decision maker, as he turns the ball over way too often and shot far too many threes for someone that has shot less than 28% from deep in his career. But with more talent around him, Kane shouldn’t have to be required to carry such a heavy load offensively.
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives 5
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 12
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 3
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)