May 9, 2013, 9:56 AM EDT
Georgetown added another quality piece to their 2014 recruiting class, as Tre Campbell, a DC native and product of St. John’s College High School in Maryland, committed to the program.
“I have always wanted to go to Georgetown,” Campbell told Scout.com’s Brian Snow. “When they offered me I was really excited. I didn’t want to commit on the spot when they offered me last week, and I went back up there today and committed after I toured the campus.”
“It is close to home and I have always liked Georgetown. I have a good relationship with the coaches and it is a good fit.”
Campbell was considered a mid-major prospect for a long time, but after putting together a good junior season in the loaded DC private school leagues, Campbell played well enough to see the high-major offers come pouring in. Campbell, who is currently ranked 121st in the class according to Rivals, decided that his hometown school was the offer he needed to accept.
This isn’t the first time that John Thompson III has mined his backyard for a talented scoring point guard. Chris Wright, who starred in the Hoyas back court for four years, went to St. John’s.
Campbell becomes the second member of Georgetown’s recruiting class, alongside top 50 forward Isaac Copeland.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 0
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 4
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (4)