May 9, 2013, 3:09 PM EST
Louisville head coach Rick Pitino’s lucky streak just won’t end.
He won a national title. He made the hall of fame. He had a horse in the Kentucky Derby. His son got the head coaching job at Minnesota. He caught a freakin’ marlin.
And now, he’ll have his very own bottle of Maker’s Mark.
The company announced on Thursday that, in honor of Pitino’s achievements, they will be producing 12,600 commemorative bottles of bourbon. It is the second in a three-year series of bottles that Maker’s Mark will produce, with the first being a bottle with an image of football coach Charlie Strong. 8,400 of those bottles were sold.
Maker’s Mark has pledged over $500,000 in support of the Academic Center of Excellence.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 4
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend (4)