May 9, 2013, 3:09 PM EDT
Louisville head coach Rick Pitino’s lucky streak just won’t end.
He won a national title. He made the hall of fame. He had a horse in the Kentucky Derby. His son got the head coaching job at Minnesota. He caught a freakin’ marlin.
And now, he’ll have his very own bottle of Maker’s Mark.
The company announced on Thursday that, in honor of Pitino’s achievements, they will be producing 12,600 commemorative bottles of bourbon. It is the second in a three-year series of bottles that Maker’s Mark will produce, with the first being a bottle with an image of football coach Charlie Strong. 8,400 of those bottles were sold.
Maker’s Mark has pledged over $500,000 in support of the Academic Center of Excellence.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 1
- Stony Brook works toward NCAA appearance after DII transition 0
- Syracuse officials to meet NCAA Committee on Infractions later this month 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Texas A&M gets a tough guard, St. John’s big weekend, Xavier’s intriguing fit 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Key assistant coaching hires 0
- 2014-15 America East Preview: Does Stony Brook finally make the Tournament? 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- Has Maryland found a new starting center? (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Northeast Conference Preview: Is it time for Robert Morris to dance again? (1)