May 9, 2013, 3:09 PM EDT
Louisville head coach Rick Pitino’s lucky streak just won’t end.
He won a national title. He made the hall of fame. He had a horse in the Kentucky Derby. His son got the head coaching job at Minnesota. He caught a freakin’ marlin.
And now, he’ll have his very own bottle of Maker’s Mark.
The company announced on Thursday that, in honor of Pitino’s achievements, they will be producing 12,600 commemorative bottles of bourbon. It is the second in a three-year series of bottles that Maker’s Mark will produce, with the first being a bottle with an image of football coach Charlie Strong. 8,400 of those bottles were sold.
Maker’s Mark has pledged over $500,000 in support of the Academic Center of Excellence.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- No. 2 Gonzaga gets past No. 11 UCLA to advance to Elite 8 0
- Sources: Rick Barnes not expected to return to Texas 6
- Steve Lavin and St. John’s ‘mutually agree’ to part ways 1
- No. 2 Arizona pulls away from No. 6 Xavier, setting up West regional final rematch 0
- No. 3 Notre Dame knocks off No. 7 Wichita State to get to the Elite 8 17
- Tradition of success through change raises expectations at Xavier 1
- Sweet 16 Preview: The top 16 players left in the tournament 11
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Kentucky moves SEC above .500 (23)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- NCAA’s Mark Emmert calls Indiana’s religious freedom bill ‘especially concerning’ (20)