May 9, 2013, 3:09 PM EST
Louisville head coach Rick Pitino’s lucky streak just won’t end.
He won a national title. He made the hall of fame. He had a horse in the Kentucky Derby. His son got the head coaching job at Minnesota. He caught a freakin’ marlin.
And now, he’ll have his very own bottle of Maker’s Mark.
The company announced on Thursday that, in honor of Pitino’s achievements, they will be producing 12,600 commemorative bottles of bourbon. It is the second in a three-year series of bottles that Maker’s Mark will produce, with the first being a bottle with an image of football coach Charlie Strong. 8,400 of those bottles were sold.
Maker’s Mark has pledged over $500,000 in support of the Academic Center of Excellence.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Report: Gonzaga’s Josh Perkins broke his jaw (4)