May 9, 2013, 3:09 PM EDT
Louisville head coach Rick Pitino’s lucky streak just won’t end.
He won a national title. He made the hall of fame. He had a horse in the Kentucky Derby. His son got the head coaching job at Minnesota. He caught a freakin’ marlin.
And now, he’ll have his very own bottle of Maker’s Mark.
The company announced on Thursday that, in honor of Pitino’s achievements, they will be producing 12,600 commemorative bottles of bourbon. It is the second in a three-year series of bottles that Maker’s Mark will produce, with the first being a bottle with an image of football coach Charlie Strong. 8,400 of those bottles were sold.
Maker’s Mark has pledged over $500,000 in support of the Academic Center of Excellence.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 0
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Is adidas giving their basketball programs throwback jerseys? (PHOTOS) (3)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)