May 10, 2013, 9:00 AM EST
James Madison announced on Thursday evening that two reserves from the school’s first NCAA tournament appearance in nearly 20 years will not return to the program in 2013-14.
Forward Enoch Hood and guard Arman Marks, both of whom saw limited playing time as sophomores, will transfer. Hood saw action in 25 games this season, averaging 3.0 points and 1.9 rebounds in just over 11 minutes per game. Marks played in just nine games for the Dukes, averaging 1.0 points and 0.8 rebounds per game.
“Enoch and Arman have been integral members of the James Madison men’s basketball program for the last two years,” head coach Matt Brady stated in the release.
“This was a mutually agreeable decision that allows both young men to pursue a new opportunity that fits their pursuit of academic and athletic success. We thank them both for their contributions and wish them well.”
Hood started 15 games during his time at JMU, but even with the departures of forwards A.J. Davis, Rayshawn Goins and Alioune Diouf the battle for more minutes would have been an uphill one for the Norfolk native.
Forwards Jackson Kent, Thomas Rivard and Paulius Satkus have all signed a National Letter of Intent to attend James Madison according to VerbalCommits.com.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
Feb 26, 2015, 5:54 PM EST
Without Jordan McLaughlin, USC will have to rely on Julian Jacobs at the point in their final two regular season games.
Feb 26, 2015, 4:50 PM EST
In addition to a ruptured plantar fascia suffered in a loss to Florida in late-January, Ricky Tarrant also needs to undergo a procedure on his left knee.
Feb 26, 2015, 4:00 PM EST
Boeheim doesn’t seem pleased about the ruling.
Feb 26, 2015, 2:45 PM EST
This borders on criminal.
Feb 26, 2015, 1:37 PM EST
There aren’t many surprises here.
Feb 26, 2015, 12:54 PM EST
SMU will also be making a trip to visit Memphis.
Feb 26, 2015, 11:58 AM EST
This is incredible.
Feb 26, 2015, 11:19 AM EST
These are more understated than recent adidas uniforms.
Feb 26, 2015, 9:43 AM EST
Feb 26, 2015, 8:26 AM EST
Chris Jones was dismissed from the team on Sunday.
Feb 26, 2015, 12:38 AM EST
And No. 2 Virginia limited Wake Forest to 21.8% shooting without two starters.
Feb 26, 2015, 12:07 AM EST
The Duke defense is the biggest red flag on any true contender.
Feb 25, 2015, 11:33 PM EST
Scott Drew’s Bears went on an 18-4 second half run to take control of the game, hitting six three-pointers.
Feb 25, 2015, 9:57 PM EST
Here are Wednesday’s bubble winners and losers.
Feb 25, 2015, 7:10 PM EST
Big 12 Commissioner Bob Bowlsby also notes that the conference is having conversations regarding possible protocols for situations in which fans rush the court.
Feb 25, 2015, 6:14 PM EST
The CBI becomes the second postseason event to announce that it will use a 30-second shot clock this spring.
Feb 25, 2015, 5:02 PM EST
The shirts are cool, but just as important is getting enough fans in seats to make a difference against Florida State.
Feb 25, 2015, 5:00 PM EST
This loss is a massive blow to Wisconsin’s chances of getting a No. 1 seed.
Feb 25, 2015, 2:06 PM EST
Currie discusses what went wrong on Monday night.
Feb 25, 2015, 1:23 PM EST
Is Iowa State the favorite to win the Big 12 now?
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 11
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 3
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Bubble Banter: N.C. State lands a critical win, Texas loses … again 2
- Syracuse upsets No. 8 Notre Dame in an inspired ACC road effort 0
- You Make The Call: Did Marcus Paige get fouled on North Carolina’s last possession? (17)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Report: Big Ten looking into idea of making freshmen ineligible for competition in football, men’s basketball (11)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (11)