May 11, 2013, 10:10 AM EDT
The Connecticut Huskies and head coach Kevin Ollie added a major piece to their future late Friday night as 2014 shooting guard Daniel Hamilton gave a verbal commitment to the second-year head coach. Hamilton is the first 2014 commitment for the Huskies.
The news was first given to Rivals’ Eric Bossi and 24/7 Sports’ Jerry Meyer on Friday night during session No. 3 of the Nike EYBL in Frisco, Texas.
— Eric Bossi (@ebosshoops) May 11, 2013
Daniel Hamilton is the younger brother of former Texas star and current Denver Nuggets small forward Jordan Hamilton and class of 2013 McDonald’s All-American and future UTEP Miner Isaac Hamilton. The Los Angeles native is currently regarded as Rivals’ No. 28 prospect in the 2014 national class and gives Connecticut it’s highest-profile recruit under Kevin Ollie.
The 6-6 Hamilton — with the help of older brother Isaac — helped lead St. John Bosco to a 23-7 record during the 2012-13 season.
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)
- Sean Miller gives update on Arizona forward Brandon Ashley (1)