May 11, 2013, 10:10 AM EDT
The Connecticut Huskies and head coach Kevin Ollie added a major piece to their future late Friday night as 2014 shooting guard Daniel Hamilton gave a verbal commitment to the second-year head coach. Hamilton is the first 2014 commitment for the Huskies.
The news was first given to Rivals’ Eric Bossi and 24/7 Sports’ Jerry Meyer on Friday night during session No. 3 of the Nike EYBL in Frisco, Texas.
— Eric Bossi (@ebosshoops) May 11, 2013
Daniel Hamilton is the younger brother of former Texas star and current Denver Nuggets small forward Jordan Hamilton and class of 2013 McDonald’s All-American and future UTEP Miner Isaac Hamilton. The Los Angeles native is currently regarded as Rivals’ No. 28 prospect in the 2014 national class and gives Connecticut it’s highest-profile recruit under Kevin Ollie.
The 6-6 Hamilton — with the help of older brother Isaac — helped lead St. John Bosco to a 23-7 record during the 2012-13 season.
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2009? 1
- Florida State lands commitment from five-star 2016 prospect 0
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Bill Self impresses South Korean students with jumper (VIDEO) (3)
- Michigan basketball will change to Jordan Brand from adidas as school announces new Nike deal (3)
- Senior mixtape of 7-foot-6 UCF incoming freshman Tacko Fall (VIDEO) (2)
- Rick Barnes finally addresses accusations against Texas (2)
- Steph Curry misses a dunk staring at his phone, runs to camera to see it (VIDEO) (2)