May 11, 2013, 10:10 AM EDT
The Connecticut Huskies and head coach Kevin Ollie added a major piece to their future late Friday night as 2014 shooting guard Daniel Hamilton gave a verbal commitment to the second-year head coach. Hamilton is the first 2014 commitment for the Huskies.
The news was first given to Rivals’ Eric Bossi and 24/7 Sports’ Jerry Meyer on Friday night during session No. 3 of the Nike EYBL in Frisco, Texas.
— Eric Bossi (@ebosshoops) May 11, 2013
Daniel Hamilton is the younger brother of former Texas star and current Denver Nuggets small forward Jordan Hamilton and class of 2013 McDonald’s All-American and future UTEP Miner Isaac Hamilton. The Los Angeles native is currently regarded as Rivals’ No. 28 prospect in the 2014 national class and gives Connecticut it’s highest-profile recruit under Kevin Ollie.
The 6-6 Hamilton — with the help of older brother Isaac — helped lead St. John Bosco to a 23-7 record during the 2012-13 season.
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- Four-star shooting guard verbally commits to UCLA 0
- USA Basketball U17 team wins gold in the FIBA World Championships 0
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ 4
- Michigan State’s Tom Izzo takes the #icebucketchallenge (VIDEO) (5)
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ (4)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Watch Stephen Curry put 40 on Gonzaga in the NCAA tournament (VIDEO) (3)
- Five-star power forward Elijah Thomas sets five official visits (3)