May 11, 2013, 10:10 AM EDT
The Connecticut Huskies and head coach Kevin Ollie added a major piece to their future late Friday night as 2014 shooting guard Daniel Hamilton gave a verbal commitment to the second-year head coach. Hamilton is the first 2014 commitment for the Huskies.
The news was first given to Rivals’ Eric Bossi and 24/7 Sports’ Jerry Meyer on Friday night during session No. 3 of the Nike EYBL in Frisco, Texas.
— Eric Bossi (@ebosshoops) May 11, 2013
Daniel Hamilton is the younger brother of former Texas star and current Denver Nuggets small forward Jordan Hamilton and class of 2013 McDonald’s All-American and future UTEP Miner Isaac Hamilton. The Los Angeles native is currently regarded as Rivals’ No. 28 prospect in the 2014 national class and gives Connecticut it’s highest-profile recruit under Kevin Ollie.
The 6-6 Hamilton — with the help of older brother Isaac — helped lead St. John Bosco to a 23-7 record during the 2012-13 season.
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)