May 11, 2013, 10:10 AM EDT
The Connecticut Huskies and head coach Kevin Ollie added a major piece to their future late Friday night as 2014 shooting guard Daniel Hamilton gave a verbal commitment to the second-year head coach. Hamilton is the first 2014 commitment for the Huskies.
The news was first given to Rivals’ Eric Bossi and 24/7 Sports’ Jerry Meyer on Friday night during session No. 3 of the Nike EYBL in Frisco, Texas.
— Eric Bossi (@ebosshoops) May 11, 2013
Daniel Hamilton is the younger brother of former Texas star and current Denver Nuggets small forward Jordan Hamilton and class of 2013 McDonald’s All-American and future UTEP Miner Isaac Hamilton. The Los Angeles native is currently regarded as Rivals’ No. 28 prospect in the 2014 national class and gives Connecticut it’s highest-profile recruit under Kevin Ollie.
The 6-6 Hamilton — with the help of older brother Isaac — helped lead St. John Bosco to a 23-7 record during the 2012-13 season.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)