May 11, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
The South Dakota State Jackrabbits have spent the first part of their summer vacation doing something much more important than anything that they’ve accomplished on the court over the years.
Head coach Scott Nagy has taken his guys down to Haiti on a trip in conjunction with Samaritan’s Feet, volunteering and helping distribute shoes to kids that can’t afford them.
The team has been blogging about their experiences (you can read through all of their posts here), but perhaps the coolest part of the trip is that Nagy, who has adopted a Haitian girl named Naika, got a chance to spend the day with her mother.
The trip, quite obviously, is having a major impact on these kids:
Kids at the orphanage love iPhones! Haha for real though, this trip is a life-changing experience! twitter.com/tonyfiegen/sta…
— Tony Fiegen (@tonyfiegen) May 10, 2013
Pictures like this from Brayden Carlson are probably the reason for that:
(Top image via SDSU Athletics)
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- John Calipari appears on ‘The Colbert Report’ (VIDEO) 0
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)