May 11, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
The South Dakota State Jackrabbits have spent the first part of their summer vacation doing something much more important than anything that they’ve accomplished on the court over the years.
Head coach Scott Nagy has taken his guys down to Haiti on a trip in conjunction with Samaritan’s Feet, volunteering and helping distribute shoes to kids that can’t afford them.
The team has been blogging about their experiences (you can read through all of their posts here), but perhaps the coolest part of the trip is that Nagy, who has adopted a Haitian girl named Naika, got a chance to spend the day with her mother.
The trip, quite obviously, is having a major impact on these kids:
Kids at the orphanage love iPhones! Haha for real though, this trip is a life-changing experience! twitter.com/tonyfiegen/sta…
— Tony Fiegen (@tonyfiegen) May 10, 2013
Pictures like this from Brayden Carlson are probably the reason for that:
(Top image via SDSU Athletics)
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Watch Kentucky fans sprinting to line up for Big Blue Madness tickets (VIDEO) (2)
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference (2)