May 11, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
The South Dakota State Jackrabbits have spent the first part of their summer vacation doing something much more important than anything that they’ve accomplished on the court over the years.
Head coach Scott Nagy has taken his guys down to Haiti on a trip in conjunction with Samaritan’s Feet, volunteering and helping distribute shoes to kids that can’t afford them.
The team has been blogging about their experiences (you can read through all of their posts here), but perhaps the coolest part of the trip is that Nagy, who has adopted a Haitian girl named Naika, got a chance to spend the day with her mother.
The trip, quite obviously, is having a major impact on these kids:
Kids at the orphanage love iPhones! Haha for real though, this trip is a life-changing experience! twitter.com/tonyfiegen/sta…
— Tony Fiegen (@tonyfiegen) May 10, 2013
Pictures like this from Brayden Carlson are probably the reason for that:
(Top image via SDSU Athletics)
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- NBA Draft Winners: Seven teams that should be happy with their draft (3)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)