May 11, 2013, 8:01 PM EDT
If you’re looking to showcase your talents in an up-tempo system, Florida State is not where you want to be.
That’s what Terry Whisnant has realized after two grind-it-out seasons on Leonard Hamilton’s team, so he’s decided to leave the Seminoles and move closer to his hometown of Cherryville, NC. Whisnant is said to be looking to join either Jeff Lebo’s Pirate crew at East Carolina or Cliff Ellis and the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers.
“I’m just going to relax and think about it and make my final decision next Wednesday or Thursday,” said Whisnant, who visited Coastal Carolina last Wednesday and Thursday and East Carolina on Friday. “They’re both great situations for me.”
Whisnant started the past season averaging close to 30 minutes per game, but saw his floor time fall drastically when the ACC season began. His low point was a one-minute mopup appearance against Clemson in the ACC tournament. He finished the season averaging just over five points per game.
Whisnant is a decent three-point shooter, and the defensive skills he picked up under Hamilton’s tutelage could make him a devastating presence for either of his target programs. At 6’3″ and 174 lbs., he could provide a physical backcourt piece, which either veteran coach would be happy to have.
Eric Angevine is the editor of Storming the Floor. He tweets @stfhoops.
- Arizona lands four-star center to potential No. 1 recruiting class in 2015 2
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility 2
- In-state power forward verbally commits to UConn 0
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight 6
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Born without a right hand, Omar Ndiaye looking for his chance 0
- Illinois starting point guard suffers season-ending knee injury 1
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)
- Arizona State commit arrested for allegedly shoplifting less than $20 in DVDs from Walmart (3)
- Report: Providence legend Marvin ‘Bad News’ Barnes passes away (2)
- Villanova lands commitment from five-star point guard Jalen Brunson (2)