May 12, 2013, 1:12 PM EDT
Last weekend, the University of California inked a late commitment for their 2013 class in the form of 6-7 forward Roger Moute a Bidias from Notre Dame Prep (Fitchburg, Mass).
Moute a Bidias will be no stranger to the Pac-12 or California as his brother, Luc Mbah a Moute, played at UCLA from 2005-08 and is currently playing for the Milwaukee Bucks.
According to Bear Insider, Moute a Bidias had this to say about his visit to Cal and eventual commitment:
“I spent time with the guys and on campus and it felt like the place where I could spend the next four years of my life. I just went with my heart and my family was with me on that, too, so that’s why I made the decision.”
In terms of where he will fit in on the floor, Moute a Bidias believes his game will mesh nicely with Cal’s style of play:
“Cal likes to get up and down the court and I like the way they play. They play a style that matches my style of play well. Getting to play with the guys, I feel like I can bring some unique things to the court.”
Off the floor, Moute a Bidias seems to have a good head on his shoulders as he made a point to talk with academic advisors on his visit:
“Cal has a great academic reputation and I’m looking forward to that aspect, too. I was able to visit campus, talk to advisors and see what it would be like to be a student there. I liked it a lot.”
Here’s a workout Moute a Bidias was put through in December of 2012:
Moute a Bidias joins 7-foot center Kameron Rooks, wing Jabari Bird, guard Jordan Mathews, and guard Sam Singer in Cal’s deep 2013 class.
You can find Kevin on twitter @KLDoyle11
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Nike and Under Armour host showcase events as the Shoe Wars continue to heat up (2)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)
- Buffalo dismisses Justin Moss, reigning MAC Player of the Year, from team (2)