May 12, 2013, 1:12 PM EDT
Last weekend, the University of California inked a late commitment for their 2013 class in the form of 6-7 forward Roger Moute a Bidias from Notre Dame Prep (Fitchburg, Mass).
Moute a Bidias will be no stranger to the Pac-12 or California as his brother, Luc Mbah a Moute, played at UCLA from 2005-08 and is currently playing for the Milwaukee Bucks.
According to Bear Insider, Moute a Bidias had this to say about his visit to Cal and eventual commitment:
“I spent time with the guys and on campus and it felt like the place where I could spend the next four years of my life. I just went with my heart and my family was with me on that, too, so that’s why I made the decision.”
In terms of where he will fit in on the floor, Moute a Bidias believes his game will mesh nicely with Cal’s style of play:
“Cal likes to get up and down the court and I like the way they play. They play a style that matches my style of play well. Getting to play with the guys, I feel like I can bring some unique things to the court.”
Off the floor, Moute a Bidias seems to have a good head on his shoulders as he made a point to talk with academic advisors on his visit:
“Cal has a great academic reputation and I’m looking forward to that aspect, too. I was able to visit campus, talk to advisors and see what it would be like to be a student there. I liked it a lot.”
Here’s a workout Moute a Bidias was put through in December of 2012:
Moute a Bidias joins 7-foot center Kameron Rooks, wing Jabari Bird, guard Jordan Mathews, and guard Sam Singer in Cal’s deep 2013 class.
You can find Kevin on twitter @KLDoyle11
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (5)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Missouri State’s Marcus Marshall works to strengthen knee, leadership abilities (2)