May 12, 2013, 1:12 PM EDT
Last weekend, the University of California inked a late commitment for their 2013 class in the form of 6-7 forward Roger Moute a Bidias from Notre Dame Prep (Fitchburg, Mass).
Moute a Bidias will be no stranger to the Pac-12 or California as his brother, Luc Mbah a Moute, played at UCLA from 2005-08 and is currently playing for the Milwaukee Bucks.
According to Bear Insider, Moute a Bidias had this to say about his visit to Cal and eventual commitment:
“I spent time with the guys and on campus and it felt like the place where I could spend the next four years of my life. I just went with my heart and my family was with me on that, too, so that’s why I made the decision.”
In terms of where he will fit in on the floor, Moute a Bidias believes his game will mesh nicely with Cal’s style of play:
“Cal likes to get up and down the court and I like the way they play. They play a style that matches my style of play well. Getting to play with the guys, I feel like I can bring some unique things to the court.”
Off the floor, Moute a Bidias seems to have a good head on his shoulders as he made a point to talk with academic advisors on his visit:
“Cal has a great academic reputation and I’m looking forward to that aspect, too. I was able to visit campus, talk to advisors and see what it would be like to be a student there. I liked it a lot.”
Here’s a workout Moute a Bidias was put through in December of 2012:
Moute a Bidias joins 7-foot center Kameron Rooks, wing Jabari Bird, guard Jordan Mathews, and guard Sam Singer in Cal’s deep 2013 class.
You can find Kevin on twitter @KLDoyle11
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)