May 12, 2013, 1:12 PM EDT
Last weekend, the University of California inked a late commitment for their 2013 class in the form of 6-7 forward Roger Moute a Bidias from Notre Dame Prep (Fitchburg, Mass).
Moute a Bidias will be no stranger to the Pac-12 or California as his brother, Luc Mbah a Moute, played at UCLA from 2005-08 and is currently playing for the Milwaukee Bucks.
According to Bear Insider, Moute a Bidias had this to say about his visit to Cal and eventual commitment:
“I spent time with the guys and on campus and it felt like the place where I could spend the next four years of my life. I just went with my heart and my family was with me on that, too, so that’s why I made the decision.”
In terms of where he will fit in on the floor, Moute a Bidias believes his game will mesh nicely with Cal’s style of play:
“Cal likes to get up and down the court and I like the way they play. They play a style that matches my style of play well. Getting to play with the guys, I feel like I can bring some unique things to the court.”
Off the floor, Moute a Bidias seems to have a good head on his shoulders as he made a point to talk with academic advisors on his visit:
“Cal has a great academic reputation and I’m looking forward to that aspect, too. I was able to visit campus, talk to advisors and see what it would be like to be a student there. I liked it a lot.”
Here’s a workout Moute a Bidias was put through in December of 2012:
Moute a Bidias joins 7-foot center Kameron Rooks, wing Jabari Bird, guard Jordan Mathews, and guard Sam Singer in Cal’s deep 2013 class.
You can find Kevin on twitter @KLDoyle11
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (4)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)