May 12, 2013, 5:39 PM EST
Wagner head coach Bashir Mason picked up another front court piece on Saturday as multiple outlets reported that former San Jose State power forward David Andoh will transfer to the Northeast Conference program.
In his lone season at San Jose State the 6-7 forward from Montreal averaged 2.3 points and 2.0 rebounds per game in just over 11 minutes of action per contest. Andoh will have three seasons of eligibility remaining after sitting out the upcoming 2013-14 campaign, and he’ll join 2013 commits Nolan Long and Gregory Senat inside.
Andoh made the decision to leave SJSU in the aftermath of a tumultuous campaign that led to the firing of head coach George Nessman
“It was stressful to go back through the process of picking a school again,” Andoh told Cormac Gordon of SILive.com.
“But I visited Wagner two weeks ago, and I loved the school. It’s beautiful. I like the players and the coaches, and the idea of being in New York.”
According to Gordon Andoh has an older brother who lives in New Jersey, and Andoh also played on the same AAU team as Wagner guard Jay Harris.
The Seahawks have to replace two front court starters in Jonathon Williams and Josh Thompson but they don’t lack for talent in that area. Dwaun Anderson, Mario Moody and Orlando Parker all have starting experience, and newcomers Long and Senat will also have the opportunity to earn minutes.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 4
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)