May 12, 2013, 5:39 PM EDT
Wagner head coach Bashir Mason picked up another front court piece on Saturday as multiple outlets reported that former San Jose State power forward David Andoh will transfer to the Northeast Conference program.
In his lone season at San Jose State the 6-7 forward from Montreal averaged 2.3 points and 2.0 rebounds per game in just over 11 minutes of action per contest. Andoh will have three seasons of eligibility remaining after sitting out the upcoming 2013-14 campaign, and he’ll join 2013 commits Nolan Long and Gregory Senat inside.
Andoh made the decision to leave SJSU in the aftermath of a tumultuous campaign that led to the firing of head coach George Nessman
“It was stressful to go back through the process of picking a school again,” Andoh told Cormac Gordon of SILive.com.
“But I visited Wagner two weeks ago, and I loved the school. It’s beautiful. I like the players and the coaches, and the idea of being in New York.”
According to Gordon Andoh has an older brother who lives in New Jersey, and Andoh also played on the same AAU team as Wagner guard Jay Harris.
The Seahawks have to replace two front court starters in Jonathon Williams and Josh Thompson but they don’t lack for talent in that area. Dwaun Anderson, Mario Moody and Orlando Parker all have starting experience, and newcomers Long and Senat will also have the opportunity to earn minutes.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- Jabari Parker on a potential move to two-and-done: ‘I think that’s ridiculous’ 4
- John Calipari appears on ‘The Colbert Report’ (VIDEO) 1
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)
- Indiana grabs commitment from prep school center (VIDEO) (6)
- Harrison twins awaiting feedback from NBA before deciding to return or declare (6)
- Jabari Parker on a potential move to two-and-done: ‘I think that’s ridiculous’ (5)