May 12, 2013, 5:39 PM EDT
Wagner head coach Bashir Mason picked up another front court piece on Saturday as multiple outlets reported that former San Jose State power forward David Andoh will transfer to the Northeast Conference program.
In his lone season at San Jose State the 6-7 forward from Montreal averaged 2.3 points and 2.0 rebounds per game in just over 11 minutes of action per contest. Andoh will have three seasons of eligibility remaining after sitting out the upcoming 2013-14 campaign, and he’ll join 2013 commits Nolan Long and Gregory Senat inside.
Andoh made the decision to leave SJSU in the aftermath of a tumultuous campaign that led to the firing of head coach George Nessman
“It was stressful to go back through the process of picking a school again,” Andoh told Cormac Gordon of SILive.com.
“But I visited Wagner two weeks ago, and I loved the school. It’s beautiful. I like the players and the coaches, and the idea of being in New York.”
According to Gordon Andoh has an older brother who lives in New Jersey, and Andoh also played on the same AAU team as Wagner guard Jay Harris.
The Seahawks have to replace two front court starters in Jonathon Williams and Josh Thompson but they don’t lack for talent in that area. Dwaun Anderson, Mario Moody and Orlando Parker all have starting experience, and newcomers Long and Senat will also have the opportunity to earn minutes.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- Oklahoma State lands commitment from elite point guard in 2015 0
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)
- Sean Miller gives update on Arizona forward Brandon Ashley (1)