May 12, 2013, 5:39 PM EST
Wagner head coach Bashir Mason picked up another front court piece on Saturday as multiple outlets reported that former San Jose State power forward David Andoh will transfer to the Northeast Conference program.
In his lone season at San Jose State the 6-7 forward from Montreal averaged 2.3 points and 2.0 rebounds per game in just over 11 minutes of action per contest. Andoh will have three seasons of eligibility remaining after sitting out the upcoming 2013-14 campaign, and he’ll join 2013 commits Nolan Long and Gregory Senat inside.
Andoh made the decision to leave SJSU in the aftermath of a tumultuous campaign that led to the firing of head coach George Nessman
“It was stressful to go back through the process of picking a school again,” Andoh told Cormac Gordon of SILive.com.
“But I visited Wagner two weeks ago, and I loved the school. It’s beautiful. I like the players and the coaches, and the idea of being in New York.”
According to Gordon Andoh has an older brother who lives in New Jersey, and Andoh also played on the same AAU team as Wagner guard Jay Harris.
The Seahawks have to replace two front court starters in Jonathon Williams and Josh Thompson but they don’t lack for talent in that area. Dwaun Anderson, Mario Moody and Orlando Parker all have starting experience, and newcomers Long and Senat will also have the opportunity to earn minutes.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives 5
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 12
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 3
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)