May 12, 2013, 8:29 PM EDT
Two days after it was announced that two former Niagara teammates have found a new home, 6-7 forward T.J. Cline has as well. According to Evan Daniels of Scout.com Cline will transfer to Richmond.
Cline, the son of basketball great Nancy Lieberman, averaged 7.9 points and 4.6 rebounds per game in his lone season at Niagara. The Plano, Texas native reached double figures in 14 of Niagara’s 33 games, proving to be an asset inside for a team that won the MAAC regular season title.
For his efforts Cline won MAAC Rookie of the Week honors three times this season and was named to the MAAC All-Rookie Team.
Cline will have three seasons of eligibility remaining, beginning with the 2014-15 campaign, and that will help the Spiders as Derrick Williams enters his senior year.
Williams was Richmond’s most productive big man last season, posting averages of 11.4 points and 5.4 rebounds per game. In addition to Williams the Spiders welcome back forwards Alonzo Nelson-Ododa (3.9 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 1.8 bpg) and Deion Taylor (3.6 ppg).
In 2013-14 Cline will be available to help the young Richmond big men in practices, with an eye towards being able to help account for the graduation of Williams when he becomes eligible the following season.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)