May 12, 2013, 8:29 PM EDT
Two days after it was announced that two former Niagara teammates have found a new home, 6-7 forward T.J. Cline has as well. According to Evan Daniels of Scout.com Cline will transfer to Richmond.
Cline, the son of basketball great Nancy Lieberman, averaged 7.9 points and 4.6 rebounds per game in his lone season at Niagara. The Plano, Texas native reached double figures in 14 of Niagara’s 33 games, proving to be an asset inside for a team that won the MAAC regular season title.
For his efforts Cline won MAAC Rookie of the Week honors three times this season and was named to the MAAC All-Rookie Team.
Cline will have three seasons of eligibility remaining, beginning with the 2014-15 campaign, and that will help the Spiders as Derrick Williams enters his senior year.
Williams was Richmond’s most productive big man last season, posting averages of 11.4 points and 5.4 rebounds per game. In addition to Williams the Spiders welcome back forwards Alonzo Nelson-Ododa (3.9 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 1.8 bpg) and Deion Taylor (3.6 ppg).
In 2013-14 Cline will be available to help the young Richmond big men in practices, with an eye towards being able to help account for the graduation of Williams when he becomes eligible the following season.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 43
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (43)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)