May 12, 2013, 8:29 PM EST
Two days after it was announced that two former Niagara teammates have found a new home, 6-7 forward T.J. Cline has as well. According to Evan Daniels of Scout.com Cline will transfer to Richmond.
Cline, the son of basketball great Nancy Lieberman, averaged 7.9 points and 4.6 rebounds per game in his lone season at Niagara. The Plano, Texas native reached double figures in 14 of Niagara’s 33 games, proving to be an asset inside for a team that won the MAAC regular season title.
For his efforts Cline won MAAC Rookie of the Week honors three times this season and was named to the MAAC All-Rookie Team.
Cline will have three seasons of eligibility remaining, beginning with the 2014-15 campaign, and that will help the Spiders as Derrick Williams enters his senior year.
Williams was Richmond’s most productive big man last season, posting averages of 11.4 points and 5.4 rebounds per game. In addition to Williams the Spiders welcome back forwards Alonzo Nelson-Ododa (3.9 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 1.8 bpg) and Deion Taylor (3.6 ppg).
In 2013-14 Cline will be available to help the young Richmond big men in practices, with an eye towards being able to help account for the graduation of Williams when he becomes eligible the following season.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- Wisconsin wins 2014 Battle 4 Atlantis with 69-56 win over Oklahoma 0
- Right wrist injury to sideline Maryland senior wing four weeks 0
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 1
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Penn State unveils new uniforms for next two games (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)