May 12, 2013, 3:32 PM EDT
His commitment is coming, it’s just a matter of when.
Many of the rumors point to a Tuesday commitment with Florida State being Wiggins’ school of choice.
As has been documented ad nauseam, the final four schools he is deciding between are Florida State, Kansas, Kentucky, and North Carolina.
Perhaps, as a gift to his mother on Mother’s day, Wiggins will make his decision for her.
There are these two tweets that point to that possibility:
Andrew Wiggins' Mother will be headed down to WV for announcement this weekend. It looks like it is going down in the next couple days.—
Kentucky Recruiting (@RecruitKentucky) May 08, 2013
This tweet was from May 8th.
And then there is this from earlier today:
The parents of Andrew Wiggins are on their way to Huntington Prep. It appears
he is now ready and want his parents there when he does it.—
Paul Biancardi (@PaulBiancardi) May 12, 2013
The word on Twitter — which obviously has to be taken with a grain of salt — still points to Wiggins making his announcement on Tuesday.
There is little doubt that Wiggins will be the top freshman in the country next season regardless of what jersey he dons, but now the college basketball community simply sits and waits for him to make his decision.
You can find Kevin on twitter @KLDoyle11
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)
- Blue Ribbon releases their Preseason First Team All-Americans (1)