May 12, 2013, 3:32 PM EST
His commitment is coming, it’s just a matter of when.
Many of the rumors point to a Tuesday commitment with Florida State being Wiggins’ school of choice.
As has been documented ad nauseam, the final four schools he is deciding between are Florida State, Kansas, Kentucky, and North Carolina.
Perhaps, as a gift to his mother on Mother’s day, Wiggins will make his decision for her.
There are these two tweets that point to that possibility:
This tweet was from May 8th.
And then there is this from earlier today:
The word on Twitter — which obviously has to be taken with a grain of salt — still points to Wiggins making his announcement on Tuesday.
There is little doubt that Wiggins will be the top freshman in the country next season regardless of what jersey he dons, but now the college basketball community simply sits and waits for him to make his decision.
You can find Kevin on twitter @KLDoyle11
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 1
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 1
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)