May 12, 2013, 3:32 PM EST
His commitment is coming, it’s just a matter of when.
Many of the rumors point to a Tuesday commitment with Florida State being Wiggins’ school of choice.
As has been documented ad nauseam, the final four schools he is deciding between are Florida State, Kansas, Kentucky, and North Carolina.
Perhaps, as a gift to his mother on Mother’s day, Wiggins will make his decision for her.
There are these two tweets that point to that possibility:
This tweet was from May 8th.
And then there is this from earlier today:
The word on Twitter — which obviously has to be taken with a grain of salt — still points to Wiggins making his announcement on Tuesday.
There is little doubt that Wiggins will be the top freshman in the country next season regardless of what jersey he dons, but now the college basketball community simply sits and waits for him to make his decision.
You can find Kevin on twitter @KLDoyle11
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program 12
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 1
- Weekly Awards: LaDontae Henton, West Virginia with notable performances 0
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 5
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (12)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? (3)
- Burning Questions: Who gets the last shot? (3)