May 12, 2013, 3:32 PM EST
His commitment is coming, it’s just a matter of when.
Many of the rumors point to a Tuesday commitment with Florida State being Wiggins’ school of choice.
As has been documented ad nauseam, the final four schools he is deciding between are Florida State, Kansas, Kentucky, and North Carolina.
Perhaps, as a gift to his mother on Mother’s day, Wiggins will make his decision for her.
There are these two tweets that point to that possibility:
Andrew Wiggins' Mother will be headed down to WV for announcement this weekend. It looks like it is going down in the next couple days.—
Kentucky Recruiting (@RecruitKentucky) May 08, 2013
This tweet was from May 8th.
And then there is this from earlier today:
The parents of Andrew Wiggins are on their way to Huntington Prep. It appears
he is now ready and want his parents there when he does it.—
Paul Biancardi (@PaulBiancardi) May 12, 2013
The word on Twitter — which obviously has to be taken with a grain of salt — still points to Wiggins making his announcement on Tuesday.
There is little doubt that Wiggins will be the top freshman in the country next season regardless of what jersey he dons, but now the college basketball community simply sits and waits for him to make his decision.
You can find Kevin on twitter @KLDoyle11
- Kansas lost, but Jayhawk fans should be happy after the Colorado game 2
- Colorado needs game-winner to serve as a catalyst for Askia Booker (VIDEO) 0
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again 3
- CBT Weekly Roundtable: Figuring out the ACC 0
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games 3
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (3)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25 rankings (2)