May 13, 2013, 6:44 PM EST
The third of a trio of players to transfer out of West Virginia has found a new home, with Volodymyr Gerun heading to Portland, according to CBSSports.com’s Jeff Goodman.
West Virginia transfer Volo Gerun is headed to Portland and will be eligible immediately, source told CBSSports.
— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanCBS) May 13, 2013
In his one season with the Mountaineers, the 6-10, 240-pound Gerun averaged 1.3 points, 0.7 rebounds and played 33 minutes overall, hitting 3-of-13 shots on the season.
Gerun and guards Jabarie Hinds and Aaron Brown announced they would transfer from coach Bob Huggins program in early April. Hinds has since landed at UMass and Brown is headed to St. Joseph’s.
On the west coast, Gerun will join leading scorers Ryan Nicholas and joining junior-to-be center Thomas van der Mars for the Pilots next season.
He will be classified as a junior after being a sophomore in Morgantown, despite spending only one season on campus.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 6
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 1
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 3
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)