May 13, 2013, 6:44 PM EDT
The third of a trio of players to transfer out of West Virginia has found a new home, with Volodymyr Gerun heading to Portland, according to CBSSports.com’s Jeff Goodman.
West Virginia transfer Volo Gerun is headed to Portland and will be eligible immediately, source told CBSSports.
— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanCBS) May 13, 2013
In his one season with the Mountaineers, the 6-10, 240-pound Gerun averaged 1.3 points, 0.7 rebounds and played 33 minutes overall, hitting 3-of-13 shots on the season.
Gerun and guards Jabarie Hinds and Aaron Brown announced they would transfer from coach Bob Huggins program in early April. Hinds has since landed at UMass and Brown is headed to St. Joseph’s.
On the west coast, Gerun will join leading scorers Ryan Nicholas and joining junior-to-be center Thomas van der Mars for the Pilots next season.
He will be classified as a junior after being a sophomore in Morgantown, despite spending only one season on campus.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Hoiberg to Chicago means Iowa State has everything riding on hiring right replacement 0
- Brandon Austin’s latest mistake: using the media to try and garner sympathy 2
- Former Missouri forward Johnathan Williams III transfers to Gonzaga 2
- Reports: #FredHoibergWatch takes another step forward 0
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 43
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (43)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)
- Auburn center Trayvon Reed released from jail (5)
- Amidst Iowa State rumors, Jeff Hornacek discusses commitment to Phoenix Suns (5)