May 13, 2013, 6:44 PM EDT
The third of a trio of players to transfer out of West Virginia has found a new home, with Volodymyr Gerun heading to Portland, according to CBSSports.com’s Jeff Goodman.
West Virginia transfer Volo Gerun is headed to Portland and will be eligible immediately, source told CBSSports.
— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanCBS) May 13, 2013
In his one season with the Mountaineers, the 6-10, 240-pound Gerun averaged 1.3 points, 0.7 rebounds and played 33 minutes overall, hitting 3-of-13 shots on the season.
Gerun and guards Jabarie Hinds and Aaron Brown announced they would transfer from coach Bob Huggins program in early April. Hinds has since landed at UMass and Brown is headed to St. Joseph’s.
On the west coast, Gerun will join leading scorers Ryan Nicholas and joining junior-to-be center Thomas van der Mars for the Pilots next season.
He will be classified as a junior after being a sophomore in Morgantown, despite spending only one season on campus.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Five-star shooting guard focusing on ten schools 0
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 1
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)
- Wichita State forward working hard to improve offensive repertoire (3)
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)
- Another Division I coach loses their job in the wake of the Donnie Tyndall scandal (3)