May 13, 2013, 6:44 PM EST
The third of a trio of players to transfer out of West Virginia has found a new home, with Volodymyr Gerun heading to Portland, according to CBSSports.com’s Jeff Goodman.
West Virginia transfer Volo Gerun is headed to Portland and will be eligible immediately, source told CBSSports.
— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanCBS) May 13, 2013
In his one season with the Mountaineers, the 6-10, 240-pound Gerun averaged 1.3 points, 0.7 rebounds and played 33 minutes overall, hitting 3-of-13 shots on the season.
Gerun and guards Jabarie Hinds and Aaron Brown announced they would transfer from coach Bob Huggins program in early April. Hinds has since landed at UMass and Brown is headed to St. Joseph’s.
On the west coast, Gerun will join leading scorers Ryan Nicholas and joining junior-to-be center Thomas van der Mars for the Pilots next season.
He will be classified as a junior after being a sophomore in Morgantown, despite spending only one season on campus.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Potential NCAA tournament bid thieves bubble teams should be rooting against 0
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 2
- Bonzie Colson continues hot streak as No. 12 Notre Dame wins at No. 16 Louisville 1
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 2
- Virginia’s Justin Anderson could return as early as Saturday 0
- Missouri Valley Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (26)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)