May 13, 2013, 6:44 PM EST
The third of a trio of players to transfer out of West Virginia has found a new home, with Volodymyr Gerun heading to Portland, according to CBSSports.com’s Jeff Goodman.
West Virginia transfer Volo Gerun is headed to Portland and will be eligible immediately, source told CBSSports.
— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanCBS) May 13, 2013
In his one season with the Mountaineers, the 6-10, 240-pound Gerun averaged 1.3 points, 0.7 rebounds and played 33 minutes overall, hitting 3-of-13 shots on the season.
Gerun and guards Jabarie Hinds and Aaron Brown announced they would transfer from coach Bob Huggins program in early April. Hinds has since landed at UMass and Brown is headed to St. Joseph’s.
On the west coast, Gerun will join leading scorers Ryan Nicholas and joining junior-to-be center Thomas van der Mars for the Pilots next season.
He will be classified as a junior after being a sophomore in Morgantown, despite spending only one season on campus.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- NCAA sanctions for Syracuse include 12 lost scholarships, nine-game suspension for head coach Jim Boeheim 0
- Bracketology: No. 1 seed line remains unsettled 3
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Carolina Part Two, and which bubble teams have the most on the line? 0
- Bubble Banter: Davidson with a big win, Stanford in trouble, and … VCU? 1
- Justin Anderson out this weekend after undergoing appendectomy 0
- West Coast Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Film Session: Who can actually beat Kentucky and why 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (26)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (11)
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed (9)
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives (8)