May 13, 2013, 12:44 PM EDT
Former Central Connecticut State guard Kyle Vinales looks like he has changed his mind about heading to Toledo.
After tweeting his commitment to the school last night, Vinales backed off on Monday morning, deleting any mention of Toledo from his twitter account and sending out the following update:
After praying and talkin to the people closest to I’ve decided to wait a little longer to make my decision. I’m still open to recruiting.
— kyle vinales (@kylevinales1) May 13, 2013
Vinales will be a solid addition to whatever schools ends up bringing him in. He has to sit out the 2013-2014 season, per transfer rules, but he can score the ball. He averaged 21.8 points as a sophomore, and still has two seasons of eligibility remaining.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 0
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 3
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- 2015 NBA Draft: Pat Connaughton, Montrezl Harrell headline list of second round steals 0
- Karl-Anthony Towns becomes Kentucky’s third top overall pick in program history 1
- Syracuse makes it official that Mike Hopkins will take over in 2018 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- Five-star guard to announce college choice Wednesday evening (5)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Jamal Murray’s commitment a huge boost for Kentucky (4)