May 13, 2013, 5:21 PM EDT
A number of teams opened regular season play last year with games at the then-newly-opened Barclays Center.
LIU-Brooklyn was one of those teams, playing in the Barclays Center Classic against Morehead State. Now they’ll take another trip down the street to the arena, as the school announced they’ll host Temple in the Barclays Center on Dec. 21 as part of the Brooklyn Hoops Holiday Invitational.
The game will be part of a college basketball tripleheader that day, featuring Michigan/Stanford — a match-up to potential high-seed NCAA Tournament teams — and Manhattan/Buffalo.
A game between the Cardinal, a team that could challenge for supremacy in the Pac-12, and the national runner-up Wolverines will no doubt be the highlighted game of the day. Chasson Randle against the tall, athletic guards of Michigan is intriguing. But don’t sleep on the Blackbirds/Owls match-up.
Former Northeast Conference Player of the Year Julian Boyd will be back for his sixth year after tearing his ACL early last season and he’ll have point guard Jason Brickman to help him for the three-time defending NEC Tournament champions. Temple will have to replace its top two scorers in Scootie Randall and Khalif Wyatt.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Winona State coach Mike Leaf resigned after player accused him of making drunken sexual advances (6)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Tulsa gets 2016 commitment from former Wichita State guard (2)
- Nike and Under Armour host showcase events as the Shoe Wars continue to heat up (2)