May 13, 2013, 5:21 PM EST
A number of teams opened regular season play last year with games at the then-newly-opened Barclays Center.
LIU-Brooklyn was one of those teams, playing in the Barclays Center Classic against Morehead State. Now they’ll take another trip down the street to the arena, as the school announced they’ll host Temple in the Barclays Center on Dec. 21 as part of the Brooklyn Hoops Holiday Invitational.
The game will be part of a college basketball tripleheader that day, featuring Michigan/Stanford — a match-up to potential high-seed NCAA Tournament teams — and Manhattan/Buffalo.
A game between the Cardinal, a team that could challenge for supremacy in the Pac-12, and the national runner-up Wolverines will no doubt be the highlighted game of the day. Chasson Randle against the tall, athletic guards of Michigan is intriguing. But don’t sleep on the Blackbirds/Owls match-up.
Former Northeast Conference Player of the Year Julian Boyd will be back for his sixth year after tearing his ACL early last season and he’ll have point guard Jason Brickman to help him for the three-time defending NEC Tournament champions. Temple will have to replace its top two scorers in Scootie Randall and Khalif Wyatt.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 0
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 2
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (5)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)