May 13, 2013, 5:21 PM EST
A number of teams opened regular season play last year with games at the then-newly-opened Barclays Center.
LIU-Brooklyn was one of those teams, playing in the Barclays Center Classic against Morehead State. Now they’ll take another trip down the street to the arena, as the school announced they’ll host Temple in the Barclays Center on Dec. 21 as part of the Brooklyn Hoops Holiday Invitational.
The game will be part of a college basketball tripleheader that day, featuring Michigan/Stanford — a match-up to potential high-seed NCAA Tournament teams — and Manhattan/Buffalo.
A game between the Cardinal, a team that could challenge for supremacy in the Pac-12, and the national runner-up Wolverines will no doubt be the highlighted game of the day. Chasson Randle against the tall, athletic guards of Michigan is intriguing. But don’t sleep on the Blackbirds/Owls match-up.
Former Northeast Conference Player of the Year Julian Boyd will be back for his sixth year after tearing his ACL early last season and he’ll have point guard Jason Brickman to help him for the three-time defending NEC Tournament champions. Temple will have to replace its top two scorers in Scootie Randall and Khalif Wyatt.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives 1
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 13
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)