May 13, 2013, 5:21 PM EST
A number of teams opened regular season play last year with games at the then-newly-opened Barclays Center.
LIU-Brooklyn was one of those teams, playing in the Barclays Center Classic against Morehead State. Now they’ll take another trip down the street to the arena, as the school announced they’ll host Temple in the Barclays Center on Dec. 21 as part of the Brooklyn Hoops Holiday Invitational.
The game will be part of a college basketball tripleheader that day, featuring Michigan/Stanford — a match-up to potential high-seed NCAA Tournament teams — and Manhattan/Buffalo.
A game between the Cardinal, a team that could challenge for supremacy in the Pac-12, and the national runner-up Wolverines will no doubt be the highlighted game of the day. Chasson Randle against the tall, athletic guards of Michigan is intriguing. But don’t sleep on the Blackbirds/Owls match-up.
Former Northeast Conference Player of the Year Julian Boyd will be back for his sixth year after tearing his ACL early last season and he’ll have point guard Jason Brickman to help him for the three-time defending NEC Tournament champions. Temple will have to replace its top two scorers in Scootie Randall and Khalif Wyatt.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again 1
- CBT Weekly Roundtable: Figuring out the ACC 0
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games 4
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? 5
- North Carolina shows up ready to compete, knocks off No. 1 Michigan State 2
- Marshall Henderson’s on-court antics aren’t changing. Deal with it (5)
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (4)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25 rankings (2)