May 13, 2013, 5:21 PM EST
A number of teams opened regular season play last year with games at the then-newly-opened Barclays Center.
LIU-Brooklyn was one of those teams, playing in the Barclays Center Classic against Morehead State. Now they’ll take another trip down the street to the arena, as the school announced they’ll host Temple in the Barclays Center on Dec. 21 as part of the Brooklyn Hoops Holiday Invitational.
The game will be part of a college basketball tripleheader that day, featuring Michigan/Stanford — a match-up to potential high-seed NCAA Tournament teams — and Manhattan/Buffalo.
A game between the Cardinal, a team that could challenge for supremacy in the Pac-12, and the national runner-up Wolverines will no doubt be the highlighted game of the day. Chasson Randle against the tall, athletic guards of Michigan is intriguing. But don’t sleep on the Blackbirds/Owls match-up.
Former Northeast Conference Player of the Year Julian Boyd will be back for his sixth year after tearing his ACL early last season and he’ll have point guard Jason Brickman to help him for the three-time defending NEC Tournament champions. Temple will have to replace its top two scorers in Scootie Randall and Khalif Wyatt.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program 14
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (8)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)