May 13, 2013, 2:23 PM EDT
Last week, reports leaked out that Keala King, Tony Freeland and Deng Deng would be dismissed from the Long Beach State program at the end of the semester.
And while LBSU has yet to make the news official, at least one of those players has apparently made the decision to take his future into his own hands.
Deng, a native of Sudan that went to high school in Utah, will be transferring to Cal St. Bakersfield, according to a report from Jon Rothstein. He averaged 5.3 points and 2.3 boards as a freshman this past season.
Deng will have three seasons of eligibility left after sitting out the 2013-2014 season.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Syracuse legend to undergo surgery on a brain tumor this week (2)
- Wake Forest dismissed senior point guard for rules violation (1)
- Is Louisville’s non-conference schedule weak by design? (1)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)