May 13, 2013, 2:23 PM EDT
Last week, reports leaked out that Keala King, Tony Freeland and Deng Deng would be dismissed from the Long Beach State program at the end of the semester.
And while LBSU has yet to make the news official, at least one of those players has apparently made the decision to take his future into his own hands.
Deng, a native of Sudan that went to high school in Utah, will be transferring to Cal St. Bakersfield, according to a report from Jon Rothstein. He averaged 5.3 points and 2.3 boards as a freshman this past season.
Deng will have three seasons of eligibility left after sitting out the 2013-2014 season.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Bubble Banter: Monster day for teams on the cutline 1
- Pac-12 Tournament: Are we overlooking Arizona right now? 0
- Big 12 Tournament: Iowa State lights up a poor Kansas defense 2
- SEC Tournament: ‘The Tweak’ worked as Kentucky runs over LSU 0
- ACC Tournament: Pitt locks up tourney bid by beating struggling No. 16 North Carolina 2
- Atlantic 10 Tournament: St. Bonaventure upsets Saint Louis with a three at the buzzer (VIDEO) 6
- Bracketology: Final No. 1 seed up for grabs 5
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans (12)
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (12)
- Was Duke’s Rodney Hood fouled by Clemson? You make the call (VIDEO) (11)
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league (6)
- Don’t mess with Aaron Craft’s memory (6)