May 13, 2013, 2:23 PM EDT
Last week, reports leaked out that Keala King, Tony Freeland and Deng Deng would be dismissed from the Long Beach State program at the end of the semester.
And while LBSU has yet to make the news official, at least one of those players has apparently made the decision to take his future into his own hands.
Deng, a native of Sudan that went to high school in Utah, will be transferring to Cal St. Bakersfield, according to a report from Jon Rothstein. He averaged 5.3 points and 2.3 boards as a freshman this past season.
Deng will have three seasons of eligibility left after sitting out the 2013-2014 season.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 7
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 4
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (7)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (4)