May 13, 2013, 2:23 PM EST
Last week, reports leaked out that Keala King, Tony Freeland and Deng Deng would be dismissed from the Long Beach State program at the end of the semester.
And while LBSU has yet to make the news official, at least one of those players has apparently made the decision to take his future into his own hands.
Deng, a native of Sudan that went to high school in Utah, will be transferring to Cal St. Bakersfield, according to a report from Jon Rothstein. He averaged 5.3 points and 2.3 boards as a freshman this past season.
Deng will have three seasons of eligibility left after sitting out the 2013-2014 season.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 8
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 14
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (14)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)