May 13, 2013, 2:23 PM EDT
Last week, reports leaked out that Keala King, Tony Freeland and Deng Deng would be dismissed from the Long Beach State program at the end of the semester.
And while LBSU has yet to make the news official, at least one of those players has apparently made the decision to take his future into his own hands.
Deng, a native of Sudan that went to high school in Utah, will be transferring to Cal St. Bakersfield, according to a report from Jon Rothstein. He averaged 5.3 points and 2.3 boards as a freshman this past season.
Deng will have three seasons of eligibility left after sitting out the 2013-2014 season.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 2
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 7
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)