May 13, 2013, 8:48 PM EST
Charlotte has reportedly picked up a commitment from former Florida guard Braxton Ogbueze.
The 6-0, 182-pounder freshman averaged 0.8 points, 0.6 rebounds and 0.3 assists for the Gators last season, leaving to find more playing time. He found it right at home, as Ogbueze is a Charlotte native and a product of United Faith Christian Academy.
He played 107 total minutes last season and took 22 shots in all, scoring a season-high seven points in 23 minutes, also a season high, in Florida’s season-opening win over Alabama State. He failed to score more than three points in any game the rest of the year. With the likes of Eli Carter coming in from Rutgers, it was going to be tough for Ogbueze to get consistent playing time over him, incoming freshman Kasey Hill and likely starting point guard Scottie Wilbekin.
It’s a done deal.Braxton Ogbueze has officially transferred to #Charlotte. This is a difference maker recruit for head coach Alan Major!
— Paul Biancardi (@PaulBiancardi) May 13, 2013
After sitting out the 2013-14 season, Ogbueze, a former Top 100 recruit in the class of 2012, will have three seasons of eligibility remaining to team with juniors-to-be Pierria Henry and Terrence Williams for the 2014-15 season.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)