May 13, 2013, 8:48 PM EDT
Charlotte has reportedly picked up a commitment from former Florida guard Braxton Ogbueze.
The 6-0, 182-pounder freshman averaged 0.8 points, 0.6 rebounds and 0.3 assists for the Gators last season, leaving to find more playing time. He found it right at home, as Ogbueze is a Charlotte native and a product of United Faith Christian Academy.
He played 107 total minutes last season and took 22 shots in all, scoring a season-high seven points in 23 minutes, also a season high, in Florida’s season-opening win over Alabama State. He failed to score more than three points in any game the rest of the year. With the likes of Eli Carter coming in from Rutgers, it was going to be tough for Ogbueze to get consistent playing time over him, incoming freshman Kasey Hill and likely starting point guard Scottie Wilbekin.
It’s a done deal.Braxton Ogbueze has officially transferred to #Charlotte. This is a difference maker recruit for head coach Alan Major!
— Paul Biancardi (@PaulBiancardi) May 13, 2013
After sitting out the 2013-14 season, Ogbueze, a former Top 100 recruit in the class of 2012, will have three seasons of eligibility remaining to team with juniors-to-be Pierria Henry and Terrence Williams for the 2014-15 season.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)