May 13, 2013, 8:48 PM EDT
Charlotte has reportedly picked up a commitment from former Florida guard Braxton Ogbueze.
The 6-0, 182-pounder freshman averaged 0.8 points, 0.6 rebounds and 0.3 assists for the Gators last season, leaving to find more playing time. He found it right at home, as Ogbueze is a Charlotte native and a product of United Faith Christian Academy.
He played 107 total minutes last season and took 22 shots in all, scoring a season-high seven points in 23 minutes, also a season high, in Florida’s season-opening win over Alabama State. He failed to score more than three points in any game the rest of the year. With the likes of Eli Carter coming in from Rutgers, it was going to be tough for Ogbueze to get consistent playing time over him, incoming freshman Kasey Hill and likely starting point guard Scottie Wilbekin.
It’s a done deal.Braxton Ogbueze has officially transferred to #Charlotte. This is a difference maker recruit for head coach Alan Major!
— Paul Biancardi (@PaulBiancardi) May 13, 2013
After sitting out the 2013-14 season, Ogbueze, a former Top 100 recruit in the class of 2012, will have three seasons of eligibility remaining to team with juniors-to-be Pierria Henry and Terrence Williams for the 2014-15 season.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Senior guard Delon Wright, Utah aim to end NCAA tournament drought 0
- Arizona-commit Justin Simon may not be a PG, but that may not matter 0
- USA Basketball experience motivates five-star big man Chase Jeter 1
- adidas Unrivaled Camp Day 2: Chase Jeter outplays Carlton Bragg in a battle of five-star big men 1
- Five-star wing Brandon Ingram elevates his play during July 1
- CBT Quotables Part 1: Jawun Evans, Diamond Stone, Skal Labissiere and more 1
- LeBron James Skills Academy Day 2 Recap: Huntington Prep tandem enjoys productive Thursday 0
- Rashad McCants says he’s getting $310 million from UNC, NCAA (16)
- Rashad McCants says there was never a relationship between him and Roy Williams (AUDIO) (11)
- Report: Memphis football player attacked Dominic Woodson, advisor (5)
- Rick Brunson used Patrick Ewing’s name to deceive masseuse which led to his arrest (3)
- Report: Naadir Tharpe to turn pro (3)