May 13, 2013, 8:48 PM EDT
Charlotte has reportedly picked up a commitment from former Florida guard Braxton Ogbueze.
The 6-0, 182-pounder freshman averaged 0.8 points, 0.6 rebounds and 0.3 assists for the Gators last season, leaving to find more playing time. He found it right at home, as Ogbueze is a Charlotte native and a product of United Faith Christian Academy.
He played 107 total minutes last season and took 22 shots in all, scoring a season-high seven points in 23 minutes, also a season high, in Florida’s season-opening win over Alabama State. He failed to score more than three points in any game the rest of the year. With the likes of Eli Carter coming in from Rutgers, it was going to be tough for Ogbueze to get consistent playing time over him, incoming freshman Kasey Hill and likely starting point guard Scottie Wilbekin.
It’s a done deal.Braxton Ogbueze has officially transferred to #Charlotte. This is a difference maker recruit for head coach Alan Major!
— Paul Biancardi (@PaulBiancardi) May 13, 2013
After sitting out the 2013-14 season, Ogbueze, a former Top 100 recruit in the class of 2012, will have three seasons of eligibility remaining to team with juniors-to-be Pierria Henry and Terrence Williams for the 2014-15 season.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)
- UCLA lands four-star center, second 2017 commitment (3)
- So what happened to the chair Bobby Knight threw in 1985? (3)
- Flooding from storm damages Denver’s practice floor (PHOTOS) (3)