May 13, 2013, 12:23 PM EDT
Chattanooga has finally found the answer in their coaching search, as the Mocassins announced on Monday afternoon that they would be hiring VCU assistant coach Will Wade.
“After an extensive search, Will Wade distanced himself from a strong group of candidates as the clear choice to lead our men’s basketball program,” UTC AD David Blackburn said in a statement. “He has been a major piece of VCU’s success over the last four years and we feel he will bring our program back to a championship level.”
“I could not be more excited about the opportunity to lead the Chattanooga basketball program,” said Wade. “We will build a program the student-athletes, alumni, and fans all take great pride in. We will employ a fast paced, pressing style of play similar to VCU. I cannot wait to get to work.”
Wade has been a part of the VCU program for the past four seasons, helping contribute to their run to the Final Four in 2011 and to their four consecutive postseason appearances.
With the UTC job filled, Lipscomb and UMass-Lowell are the only two Division I vacancies. Director of Basketball Operations Mike Morrell will be promoted to fill Wade’s spot as an assistant at VCU.
(Image via VCU Athletics)
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 0
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)