May 13, 2013, 12:23 PM EDT
Chattanooga has finally found the answer in their coaching search, as the Mocassins announced on Monday afternoon that they would be hiring VCU assistant coach Will Wade.
“After an extensive search, Will Wade distanced himself from a strong group of candidates as the clear choice to lead our men’s basketball program,” UTC AD David Blackburn said in a statement. “He has been a major piece of VCU’s success over the last four years and we feel he will bring our program back to a championship level.”
“I could not be more excited about the opportunity to lead the Chattanooga basketball program,” said Wade. “We will build a program the student-athletes, alumni, and fans all take great pride in. We will employ a fast paced, pressing style of play similar to VCU. I cannot wait to get to work.”
Wade has been a part of the VCU program for the past four seasons, helping contribute to their run to the Final Four in 2011 and to their four consecutive postseason appearances.
With the UTC job filled, Lipscomb and UMass-Lowell are the only two Division I vacancies. Director of Basketball Operations Mike Morrell will be promoted to fill Wade’s spot as an assistant at VCU.
(Image via VCU Athletics)
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 0
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- ‘Value Add’ stat projects Utah’s Delon Wright as having a historic season 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Bruce Pearl gets welcomed by Auburn team, students after NCAA show-cause ends (VIDEO) 0
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (3)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)