May 15, 2013, 6:54 PM EDT
According to the Providence Journal an arrest has been made in the assault case involving Brown sophomore guard Joseph Sharkey. Sharkey was involved in a physical altercation that resulted in him being hospitalized (at last report he was in critical condition).
Authorities apprehended Tory Lussier in Vernon, Conn. on Wednesday. Currently being held as a fugitive, Lussier is awaiting extradition back to Providence according to Providence PD Deputy Chief Thomas F. Oates III.
This is not Lussier’s first brush with the law according to Amanda Milkovits of the Providence Journal:
There have been no reports as to why the altercation early Sunday morning took place, and the case remains under investigation.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)
- Seton Hall to give scholarship basketball players $2,600 towards cost of attendance (1)
- Indiana president none too pleased with recent legal issues involving student-athletes (1)
- Throwback Thursday: When we realized Russell Westbrook was a freak (VIDEO) (1)