May 15, 2013, 6:54 PM EST
According to the Providence Journal an arrest has been made in the assault case involving Brown sophomore guard Joseph Sharkey. Sharkey was involved in a physical altercation that resulted in him being hospitalized (at last report he was in critical condition).
Authorities apprehended Tory Lussier in Vernon, Conn. on Wednesday. Currently being held as a fugitive, Lussier is awaiting extradition back to Providence according to Providence PD Deputy Chief Thomas F. Oates III.
This is not Lussier’s first brush with the law according to Amanda Milkovits of the Providence Journal:
There have been no reports as to why the altercation early Sunday morning took place, and the case remains under investigation.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 0
- Heartbreak fuels Renardo Sidney’s new sense of purpose 1
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)