May 15, 2013, 6:54 PM EST
According to the Providence Journal an arrest has been made in the assault case involving Brown sophomore guard Joseph Sharkey. Sharkey was involved in a physical altercation that resulted in him being hospitalized (at last report he was in critical condition).
Authorities apprehended Tory Lussier in Vernon, Conn. on Wednesday. Currently being held as a fugitive, Lussier is awaiting extradition back to Providence according to Providence PD Deputy Chief Thomas F. Oates III.
This is not Lussier’s first brush with the law according to Amanda Milkovits of the Providence Journal:
There have been no reports as to why the altercation early Sunday morning took place, and the case remains under investigation.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 0
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 0
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)