May 15, 2013, 6:54 PM EDT
According to the Providence Journal an arrest has been made in the assault case involving Brown sophomore guard Joseph Sharkey. Sharkey was involved in a physical altercation that resulted in him being hospitalized (at last report he was in critical condition).
Authorities apprehended Tory Lussier in Vernon, Conn. on Wednesday. Currently being held as a fugitive, Lussier is awaiting extradition back to Providence according to Providence PD Deputy Chief Thomas F. Oates III.
This is not Lussier’s first brush with the law according to Amanda Milkovits of the Providence Journal:
There have been no reports as to why the altercation early Sunday morning took place, and the case remains under investigation.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)
- NCAA approves waiver to allow player with terminal cancer to play (1)