May 15, 2013, 10:23 AM EDT
Evan Gordon will become the second member of his family to play for Indiana for one season.
The younger brother of current NBA star Eric Gordon announced on Tuesday morning that he would be transferring to Indiana to play his fifth and final season in college.
“There’s nothing like an Indiana kid playing for IU,” Gordon told Kyle Neddenriep of the Indy Star. “Coach (Tom) Crean has that program rocking and rolling.”
Gordon, who will enroll in a Sports Administration masters program, averaged 10.1 points as a junior at Arizona State. He ended up a Sun Devil after playing at Liberty his first two seasons. Gordon is a native of Indianapolis and made the decision to leave ASU to transfer closer to home. He also considered Butler and will be eligible to play immediately.
Indiana needed Gordon with the number of guards that they are losing from last season Jordy Hulls graduated, Victor Oladipo went pro and Remy Abell and Maurice Creek graduated. They do bring in Stanford Robinson, and Will Sheehey and Yogi Ferrell are back for another year, but having a shooter on the wing certainly won’t hurt.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield returning for senior season 0
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft 2
- California guard Tyrone Wallace to return for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (17)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Five members of Iowa State’s 2014-15 team have been arrested after two more arrests this week (9)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)