May 15, 2013, 10:23 AM EST
Evan Gordon will become the second member of his family to play for Indiana for one season.
The younger brother of current NBA star Eric Gordon announced on Tuesday morning that he would be transferring to Indiana to play his fifth and final season in college.
“There’s nothing like an Indiana kid playing for IU,” Gordon told Kyle Neddenriep of the Indy Star. “Coach (Tom) Crean has that program rocking and rolling.”
Gordon, who will enroll in a Sports Administration masters program, averaged 10.1 points as a junior at Arizona State. He ended up a Sun Devil after playing at Liberty his first two seasons. Gordon is a native of Indianapolis and made the decision to leave ASU to transfer closer to home. He also considered Butler and will be eligible to play immediately.
Indiana needed Gordon with the number of guards that they are losing from last season Jordy Hulls graduated, Victor Oladipo went pro and Remy Abell and Maurice Creek graduated. They do bring in Stanford Robinson, and Will Sheehey and Yogi Ferrell are back for another year, but having a shooter on the wing certainly won’t hurt.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 5
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 3
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (5)
- Sophomore forward Semi Ojeleye to transfer from Duke (3)