May 15, 2013, 10:23 AM EDT
Evan Gordon will become the second member of his family to play for Indiana for one season.
The younger brother of current NBA star Eric Gordon announced on Tuesday morning that he would be transferring to Indiana to play his fifth and final season in college.
“There’s nothing like an Indiana kid playing for IU,” Gordon told Kyle Neddenriep of the Indy Star. “Coach (Tom) Crean has that program rocking and rolling.”
Gordon, who will enroll in a Sports Administration masters program, averaged 10.1 points as a junior at Arizona State. He ended up a Sun Devil after playing at Liberty his first two seasons. Gordon is a native of Indianapolis and made the decision to leave ASU to transfer closer to home. He also considered Butler and will be eligible to play immediately.
Indiana needed Gordon with the number of guards that they are losing from last season Jordy Hulls graduated, Victor Oladipo went pro and Remy Abell and Maurice Creek graduated. They do bring in Stanford Robinson, and Will Sheehey and Yogi Ferrell are back for another year, but having a shooter on the wing certainly won’t hurt.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 5
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (5)