May 15, 2013, 10:23 AM EST
Evan Gordon will become the second member of his family to play for Indiana for one season.
The younger brother of current NBA star Eric Gordon announced on Tuesday morning that he would be transferring to Indiana to play his fifth and final season in college.
“There’s nothing like an Indiana kid playing for IU,” Gordon told Kyle Neddenriep of the Indy Star. “Coach (Tom) Crean has that program rocking and rolling.”
Gordon, who will enroll in a Sports Administration masters program, averaged 10.1 points as a junior at Arizona State. He ended up a Sun Devil after playing at Liberty his first two seasons. Gordon is a native of Indianapolis and made the decision to leave ASU to transfer closer to home. He also considered Butler and will be eligible to play immediately.
Indiana needed Gordon with the number of guards that they are losing from last season Jordy Hulls graduated, Victor Oladipo went pro and Remy Abell and Maurice Creek graduated. They do bring in Stanford Robinson, and Will Sheehey and Yogi Ferrell are back for another year, but having a shooter on the wing certainly won’t hurt.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? 5
- No. 4 Duke proves No. 19 Michigan State cannot win at elite level if they keep missing on elite talent 3
- Wofford’s grueling start to the season began well before their 7:00 a.m. game 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)