May 15, 2013, 10:23 AM EDT
Evan Gordon will become the second member of his family to play for Indiana for one season.
The younger brother of current NBA star Eric Gordon announced on Tuesday morning that he would be transferring to Indiana to play his fifth and final season in college.
“There’s nothing like an Indiana kid playing for IU,” Gordon told Kyle Neddenriep of the Indy Star. “Coach (Tom) Crean has that program rocking and rolling.”
Gordon, who will enroll in a Sports Administration masters program, averaged 10.1 points as a junior at Arizona State. He ended up a Sun Devil after playing at Liberty his first two seasons. Gordon is a native of Indianapolis and made the decision to leave ASU to transfer closer to home. He also considered Butler and will be eligible to play immediately.
Indiana needed Gordon with the number of guards that they are losing from last season Jordy Hulls graduated, Victor Oladipo went pro and Remy Abell and Maurice Creek graduated. They do bring in Stanford Robinson, and Will Sheehey and Yogi Ferrell are back for another year, but having a shooter on the wing certainly won’t hurt.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 1
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ (1)
- Seton Hall to give scholarship basketball players $2,600 towards cost of attendance (1)
- Indiana president none too pleased with recent legal issues involving student-athletes (1)