May 15, 2013, 2:45 PM EST
San Diego State landed a huge commitment on Wednesday afternoon as Tulane transfer Josh Davis decided that he will play his final collegiate season as an Aztec.
Davis began his career at NC State, transferring to Tulane and sitting out the 2010-2011 season. As a redshirt junior, he averaged 17.6 points and 10.9 boards with the Green Wave, and since he has graduated, he will be eligible to play immediately.
Davis is a 6-foot-8, athletic forward that will certainly help SDSU replace the scoring that they lose with Chase Tapley’s graduation and Jamaal Franklin heading off to the NBA.
It’s no secret that SDSU needed to bolster their front court for this season, which is precisely what Davis will do as SDSU waits for Arizona transfer Angelo Chol to become eligible. It’s also not a secret that lanky, athletic forwards tend to thrive under Steve Fisher, and again, that’s precisely what Davis.
SDSU beat out Gonzaga for Davis. The Zags were also on the wrong end of the Mike Moser sweepstakes. With Kelly Olynyk and Elias Harris graduating, Mark Few really could have used one of those front court bodies next season.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
Division II conference tournament championship game ends with a buzzer-beating, half-court heave (VIDEO)
Mar 6, 2015, 11:00 PM EST
What a time for your first career 3-pointer.
Mar 6, 2015, 10:25 PM EST
Game-winners, upsets, come-from-behind wins … yeah, it’s March.
Mar 6, 2015, 9:15 PM EST
Kent State knocked off rival Akron on Friday night at the buzzer.
Mar 6, 2015, 8:45 PM EST
Syracuse has four top-100 recruits signed for next season.
Mar 6, 2015, 7:40 PM EST
Syracuse is facing a loss of scholarships and wins on top of probation.
Mar 6, 2015, 6:00 PM EST
The 6-foot-2 guard will have two years of eligibility remaining.
Mar 6, 2015, 4:42 PM EST
The junior shooting guard has been out the last seven games with an ankle injury.
Mar 6, 2015, 4:16 PM EST
Tyler Adams played in just four games as a freshman in 2011-12 before a heart ailment ended his playing career. He’ll be in the starting lineup Saturday when the Hoyas host Seton Hall.
Mar 6, 2015, 2:54 PM EST
Brown went 69-83 in five seasons at the helm at Holy Cross.
Reductions in scholarship, off-campus recruiting will have significant impact on Syracuse moving forward
Mar 6, 2015, 2:14 PM EST
Since they’ve signed for players for next season, Syracuse won’t begin the process of removing 12 scholarships over a four-year period until the 2016-17 season. But there’s still work to be done.
Mar 6, 2015, 12:35 PM EST
The basketball program will be on probation for the next five years, and they’re losing 12 scholarships over the next four seasons.
Mar 6, 2015, 12:20 PM EST
The Summit League will have one of the most entertaining tournaments, as always.
Mar 6, 2015, 11:29 AM EST
The Wisconsin freshmen have to dive for a loose ball off of the edge of the raised Williams Arena court as a rite of passage when the team plays at Minnesota.
Mar 6, 2015, 10:20 AM EST
Kentucky appears to be the only lock with less than two weeks to go before Selection Sunday.
Mar 6, 2015, 9:30 AM EST
The winner in Cambridge will be one win away from earning the Ivy League’s NCAA tournament berth.
Mar 6, 2015, 8:16 AM EST
All of this weekend’s hoops action.
Mar 6, 2015, 7:30 AM EST
The NCAA has yet to interview Cliff Alexander in regards to the case, with the report citing the family’s hiring of legal representation factoring into that.
Mar 6, 2015, 1:34 AM EST
All of the bubble winners and losers from Thursday.
Mar 5, 2015, 10:23 PM EST
No. 6 Wisconsin is the outright Big Ten champion, and Delaware State’s Kendall Gray went off for 33 points and 30 rebounds.
Mar 5, 2015, 8:34 PM EST
With the NBA and NBPA having different views on the limit, college basketball can only wait and see what happens.
- Reductions in scholarship, off-campus recruiting will have significant impact on Syracuse moving forward 5
- NCAA sanctions Syracuse; 12 lost scholarships, nine-game suspension for coach Jim Boeheim 34
- Bracketology: No. 1 seed line remains unsettled 6
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Carolina Part Two, and which bubble teams have the most on the line? 1
- Bubble Banter: Davidson with a big win, Stanford in trouble, and … VCU? 2
- Justin Anderson out this weekend after undergoing appendectomy 0
- West Coast Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- NCAA sanctions Syracuse; 12 lost scholarships, nine-game suspension for coach Jim Boeheim (34)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (26)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (11)
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed (9)