May 16, 2013, 10:26 AM EDT
Baylor has lost a pair of guards to transfer in the last couple of weeks, but the Bears may have found a way to fill that void.
Royce O’Neale is expected to commit to the Bears today, according to a report from Jeff Goodman of CBSSports.com. O’Neale is a 6-foot-5 wing from Killeen, TX, that averaged 11.2 points, 5.5 boards and 3.5 assists for a good Denver team last season. O’Neale’s grandfather is sick and he’s transferring home to be closer to him, and O’Neale is expected to apply for a waiver to gain immediate eligibility.
O’Neale isn’t the only wing that Baylor has added recently, as they also signed top 100 recruit Al Freeman after Freeman backed out of his commitment to UCLA.
The Bears need all the perimeter help that they can get right now. Not only did LJ Rose and Deuce Bello transfer out of the program, but Pierre Jackson has graduated. Brady Heslip and Gary Franklin both return, and Scott Drew also brings in a JuCo transfer named Kenny Chery at the point. But it’s going to be a tall task to replace the production that Jackson provided.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0