May 16, 2013, 11:39 AM EST
Oregon State may have found themselves a replacement for Ahmad Starks, as Malcolm Duvivier has decided to reclassify to the Class of 2013 and enroll at Oregon State.
The news was first reported by NBCSports.com’s Scott Phillips.
Duvivier is a 6-foot-2 point guard out of Toronto. He was ranked the No. 116 prospect in the Class of 2014, according to Rivals. He likely won’t end up starting for the Beavers this season, but with Starks transferring out of the program, Duvivier will provide some depth in the back court.
Oregon State will have an interesting team in 2013-2014. Roberto Nelson returns, as does a front line that consists of Devon Collier, Eric Moreland and Angus Brandt. Throw in talented sophomore Langston Morris-Walker, and Craig Robinson has some pieces to work with.
We’ll see if those pieces can translate into wins next season.
(Image via Ontario basketball)
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 0
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 3
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)