May 16, 2013, 11:39 AM EDT
Oregon State may have found themselves a replacement for Ahmad Starks, as Malcolm Duvivier has decided to reclassify to the Class of 2013 and enroll at Oregon State.
The news was first reported by NBCSports.com’s Scott Phillips.
Duvivier is a 6-foot-2 point guard out of Toronto. He was ranked the No. 116 prospect in the Class of 2014, according to Rivals. He likely won’t end up starting for the Beavers this season, but with Starks transferring out of the program, Duvivier will provide some depth in the back court.
Oregon State will have an interesting team in 2013-2014. Roberto Nelson returns, as does a front line that consists of Devon Collier, Eric Moreland and Angus Brandt. Throw in talented sophomore Langston Morris-Walker, and Craig Robinson has some pieces to work with.
We’ll see if those pieces can translate into wins next season.
(Image via Ontario basketball)
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)