May 16, 2013, 11:39 AM EDT
Oregon State may have found themselves a replacement for Ahmad Starks, as Malcolm Duvivier has decided to reclassify to the Class of 2013 and enroll at Oregon State.
The news was first reported by NBCSports.com’s Scott Phillips.
Duvivier is a 6-foot-2 point guard out of Toronto. He was ranked the No. 116 prospect in the Class of 2014, according to Rivals. He likely won’t end up starting for the Beavers this season, but with Starks transferring out of the program, Duvivier will provide some depth in the back court.
Oregon State will have an interesting team in 2013-2014. Roberto Nelson returns, as does a front line that consists of Devon Collier, Eric Moreland and Angus Brandt. Throw in talented sophomore Langston Morris-Walker, and Craig Robinson has some pieces to work with.
We’ll see if those pieces can translate into wins next season.
(Image via Ontario basketball)
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)