May 16, 2013, 11:39 AM EDT
Oregon State may have found themselves a replacement for Ahmad Starks, as Malcolm Duvivier has decided to reclassify to the Class of 2013 and enroll at Oregon State.
The news was first reported by NBCSports.com’s Scott Phillips.
Duvivier is a 6-foot-2 point guard out of Toronto. He was ranked the No. 116 prospect in the Class of 2014, according to Rivals. He likely won’t end up starting for the Beavers this season, but with Starks transferring out of the program, Duvivier will provide some depth in the back court.
Oregon State will have an interesting team in 2013-2014. Roberto Nelson returns, as does a front line that consists of Devon Collier, Eric Moreland and Angus Brandt. Throw in talented sophomore Langston Morris-Walker, and Craig Robinson has some pieces to work with.
We’ll see if those pieces can translate into wins next season.
(Image via Ontario basketball)
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)
- Two new regular season college hoops events headed to Vegas (1)