May 16, 2013, 11:39 AM EST
Oregon State may have found themselves a replacement for Ahmad Starks, as Malcolm Duvivier has decided to reclassify to the Class of 2013 and enroll at Oregon State.
The news was first reported by NBCSports.com’s Scott Phillips.
Duvivier is a 6-foot-2 point guard out of Toronto. He was ranked the No. 116 prospect in the Class of 2014, according to Rivals. He likely won’t end up starting for the Beavers this season, but with Starks transferring out of the program, Duvivier will provide some depth in the back court.
Oregon State will have an interesting team in 2013-2014. Roberto Nelson returns, as does a front line that consists of Devon Collier, Eric Moreland and Angus Brandt. Throw in talented sophomore Langston Morris-Walker, and Craig Robinson has some pieces to work with.
We’ll see if those pieces can translate into wins next season.
(Image via Ontario basketball)
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
Dec 29, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
It is not too early to start talking about the importance of non-conference wins.
Dec 29, 2014, 6:57 AM EST
Who moved into the Top 10 this week and who dropped out?
Dec 29, 2014, 12:12 AM EST
Some solid afternoon victories for St. John’s, Arizona State and Syracuse.
Dec 28, 2014, 11:15 PM EST
Despite trailing by as many as 16 points in the second half, Stony Brook managed to pick up its first-ever win over a ranked opponent.
Dec 28, 2014, 9:44 PM EST
Before deciding to attend Stanford, Schuyler Rimmer verbally committed to attend Florida in August 2012.
Dec 28, 2014, 8:34 PM EST
Who doesn’t love game-winners?
Dec 28, 2014, 6:33 PM EST
Garrett Nevels is averaging 12.0 points and 4.9 rebounds per game for the 10-4 Rainbow Warriors.
Dec 28, 2014, 5:48 PM EST
Eight days after winning at then-No. 25 Michigan State, Texas Southern scored six points in the final 3.8 seconds to stun Kansas State in Manhattan.
Dec 28, 2014, 2:35 PM EST
Christian Wood is one of the most improved sophomores in the country this season. This was just nasty.
Dec 28, 2014, 12:54 PM EST
Fresno State hopes to get word on a productive point guard soon.
Dec 28, 2014, 11:11 AM EST
There’s a reason Kentucky will be expected to go 31-0 this season.
Michigan basketball ticket prices surge in anticipation of potential Jim Harbaugh head coaching announcement
Dec 28, 2014, 10:25 AM EST
Tickets for the Michigan and Illinois game on Tuesday have skyrocketed as Wolverine fans hope for an introduction to potential new football head coach Jim Harbaugh.
Dec 28, 2014, 9:06 AM EST
Doctors are unsure if the two incidents are related.
Dec 28, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Some decent games during an otherwise slow weekend.
Dec 27, 2014, 11:40 PM EST
There’s one less undefeated in college basketball as the Wildcats won at Louisville.
Dec 27, 2014, 9:25 PM EST
Wiltjer finished the game with 24 points and Pangos scored 18 of his 21 in the second half Saturday evening in Provo.
Dec 27, 2014, 8:41 PM EST
Tokoto made just one field goal in UNC’s 89-58 win over UAB. Unfortunately for UAB’s WIlliam Lee, he got in the way.
Dec 27, 2014, 6:01 PM EST
Semi Ojeleye averaged 2.0 points and 1.3 rebounds per game during his time at Duke.
Dec 27, 2014, 5:31 PM EST
Louisville’s starting perimeter (Rozier, Jones and Blackshear) combined to shoot 10-for-42 in their loss to No. 1 Kentucky.
Dec 27, 2014, 4:44 PM EST
But just because he’s their best point guard doesn’t mean he’s going to be their starter.
- Weekly Awards: Temple, UNLV earn wins that will get them into bubble contention 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: Arizona, Texas drop after losses 0
- Perimeter shot selection will be key for Louisville moving forward 0
- Tyler Ulis proves he’s Kentucky’s best point guard in 58-50 win over Louisville 3
- Film Session: Louisville-Kentucky will be a Tale of Two (Different) Defenses 1
- WCC Midseason Catchup: No. 8 Gonzaga leads the way 0
- The top 15 most improved players in college basketball 3
- Tyler Ulis proves he’s Kentucky’s best point guard in 58-50 win over Louisville (6)
- Kentucky still has one more major test to pass this season and it might not come against Louisville (5)
- The five toughest games left on Kentucky’s schedule are uninspiring (4)
- POSTERIZED: Don’t jump with Loyola Marymount’s Evan Payne like Ron Baker did (VIDEO) (3)
- Pregame Shootaround: Six Top 15 teams in action tonight (3)