May 16, 2013, 2:10 PM EDT
The Big Ten’s tax returns are in, and it’s safe to say that, as we all suspected, the league is loaded:
The Big Ten’s return showed the conference with more than $315 million in revenue for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2012.
The Big Ten, which increased its annual revenue by more than $50 million in 2012, had total revenue that was $42 million more than the Southeastern Conference reported for a fiscal year ending Aug. 31, 2012.
That comes from a report in USA Today, who also dug up Jim Delany’s compensation: he made $2.8 million in the 2011 calendar year.
For being a conference commissioner.
That’s a record, by the way. So is the total revenue the Big Ten brought in.
It’s a good thing that we’re protecting the sanctity of the student-athletes that are generating these record amounts of millions of dollars by keeping them poor, living off of a scholarship.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
Oct 30, 2014, 11:53 PM EDT
Quick action by construction workers ensured that it was declared ready for play two days after being flooded.
Oct 30, 2014, 10:41 PM EDT
Some officials are in hot water after compromising a system used by 20 different Division I conferences.
Oct 30, 2014, 8:58 PM EDT
Saint Louis adds more depth to its front court with this verbal commitment.
Oct 30, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
I can do that.
Oct 30, 2014, 7:26 PM EDT
John Egbunu was an American Athletic Conference All-Freshman Team selection at USF last season.
Oct 30, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
The Preseason Atlantic 10 Player of the Year is looking to lead VCU deep into March.
Oct 30, 2014, 5:55 PM EDT
Chris Clarke is a perfect fit for Donnie Tyndall.
Oct 30, 2014, 4:45 PM EDT
The Golden Griffins have to account for the loss of four starters from last season’s 21-win team.
Oct 30, 2014, 3:56 PM EDT
Feel free to take this as my challenge to you all.
Oct 30, 2014, 2:32 PM EDT
North Carolina should be a national title contender, but they do have some question marks.
Oct 30, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
Dayton head coach Archie Miller spurned high-major programs to remain at Atlantic 10. He’s not the only one in the league happy with where they are.
Oct 30, 2014, 12:56 PM EDT
Pollard is looking to reignite his career at Houston this season.
Oct 30, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
The Atlantic 10 is out to gain respect again this season from the rest of the college basketball world, a year after the league saw a record six teams selected for the NCAA tournament with one team reaching the Elite 8.
Oct 30, 2014, 10:13 AM EDT
Kemba being Kemba.
Oct 30, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
The list of big men dominating college basketball this season is solid.
Oct 29, 2014, 11:30 PM EDT
Bobby Cremins says that his relationships with other coaches has led to his having to recuse himself from other cases in the past.
Oct 29, 2014, 9:48 PM EDT
Zach Lofton was expected to develop into a more efficient player during his year sitting out per NCAA transfer rules.
Oct 29, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
Monson is four wins away from becoming Long Beach State’s winningest coach.
Oct 29, 2014, 6:51 PM EDT
Buffalo, Canisius, Niagara and St. Bonaventure will wear Buffalo Braves-inspired uniforms for their doubleheader November 29.
Oct 29, 2014, 5:10 PM EDT
North Carolina’s Marcus Paige was the media pick to win ACC Player of the Year.
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)