May 16, 2013, 2:10 PM EST
The Big Ten’s tax returns are in, and it’s safe to say that, as we all suspected, the league is loaded:
The Big Ten’s return showed the conference with more than $315 million in revenue for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2012.
The Big Ten, which increased its annual revenue by more than $50 million in 2012, had total revenue that was $42 million more than the Southeastern Conference reported for a fiscal year ending Aug. 31, 2012.
That comes from a report in USA Today, who also dug up Jim Delany’s compensation: he made $2.8 million in the 2011 calendar year.
For being a conference commissioner.
That’s a record, by the way. So is the total revenue the Big Ten brought in.
It’s a good thing that we’re protecting the sanctity of the student-athletes that are generating these record amounts of millions of dollars by keeping them poor, living off of a scholarship.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
Dec 19, 2014, 11:45 PM EST
Here’s a rundown of Friday night’s action.
Alex Mitola’s buzzer-beater three gives Dartmouth a 58-55 overtime win over Northern Illinois (VIDEO)
Dec 19, 2014, 11:12 PM EST
Alex Mitola ended with 18 points for the Big Green.
Dec 19, 2014, 10:13 PM EST
Eastern Kentucky had 14 threes. Miami had 12 field goals.
Dec 19, 2014, 8:59 PM EST
The senior forward is apparently playing for the Wisconsin Bearcats.
Dec 19, 2014, 7:30 PM EST
Villanova is off to another good start in the regular season, but heading into the New Year, the Wildcats will need to rack up the wins in postseason play.
Dec 19, 2014, 6:49 PM EST
The SMU forward missed the first 10 games.
Dec 19, 2014, 6:15 PM EST
The Gators could be shorthanded once again in Saturday’s non-conference contest with Wake Forest.
Dec 19, 2014, 5:00 PM EST
The Indiana sophomore was struck by a vehicle driven by a teammate back in November.
Dec 19, 2014, 4:15 PM EST
Antravious Simmons averaged 0.7 points and 0.7 rebounds as a redshirt freshman at VCU.
Dec 19, 2014, 3:27 PM EST
The Wildcats are on the road to take on one of Conference USA’s best teams in UTEP, and both No. 18 Miami and No. 20 St. John’s are in action as well.
Dec 19, 2014, 2:44 PM EST
Jordan Gathers had yet to play in a game this season after undergoing hip surgery in June.
Dec 19, 2014, 1:26 PM EST
Kansas State is one of many programs looking to land Semi Ojeleye, but all of their scholarships are accounted for currently.
Dec 19, 2014, 12:04 PM EST
Jones’ dunk on five-star forward Cody Riley is one of the best you’ll see this year.
Dec 19, 2014, 11:30 AM EST
When you talk Duke basketball in 2014-15, you start with Player of the Year candidate Jahlil Okafor, but there are plenty of other keys to Duke’s success as we get closer to the new year.
Dec 19, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
Patrick Cole has been suspended indefinitely.
Dec 19, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Oklahoma-Washington, Ohio State-North Carolina and UCLA-Kentucky are just three of the marquee matchups.
Dec 19, 2014, 12:41 AM EST
Even with the win there are things Duke needs to improve upon, most notably the fact that they’ve committed 36 turnovers over the last two games.
Dec 18, 2014, 10:45 PM EST
Also of note was Ole Miss avoiding what would have been their fourth home loss of the season.
Dec 18, 2014, 8:44 PM EST
Jabari McGhee suffered the injury in Tennessee’s loss to NC State on Wednesday.
Dec 18, 2014, 7:09 PM EST
Branden Dawson is the team’s leading rebounder, as he’s grabbing 8.7 boards per contest.
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)