May 17, 2013, 10:52 AM EDT
With the decision to keep assistants David Cox and Van Macon on board due in large part to their ability to recruit the Washington, D.C. and New York areas respectively, new Rutgers head coach Eddie Jordan has one assistant position left to fill.
According to multiple reports Jordan has found his man, as former Los Angeles Lakers staff member Kyle Triggs will make the move to the college ranks.
Triggs was the assistant to the head coach the last two seasons in L.A., originally being hired by Mike Brown and remaining on board after Brown was fired by the organization five games into the 2012-13 season.
Triggs does have experience at the collegiate level, as he served as a manager at West Virginia for four years and then moved into a graduate assistant position under head coach Bob Huggins.
“I learned so much,” Triggs told the Journal-News of West Virginia in 2008 about his time with the Mountaineer program under head coach Bob Huggins. “I learned how to run a program, how to recruit. The main thing I learned from him was how to be successful, and that’s having to outwork everybody. He outworks every coach he goes up against and that’s one of the things I found out right away.”
Prior to joining the Lakers, Triggs served as an assistant coach at Division II Walsh College in Ohio.
Having two assistants in Cox and Macon who have plenty of experience at the college level should help Triggs as he adjusts to life as a Division I assistant coach.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- Jabari Parker on a potential move to two-and-done: ‘I think that’s ridiculous’ 4
- John Calipari appears on ‘The Colbert Report’ (VIDEO) 1
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)
- Indiana grabs commitment from prep school center (VIDEO) (6)
- Harrison twins awaiting feedback from NBA before deciding to return or declare (6)
- Michigan lands 2014 commitment from guard Muhammad Ali Abdur-Rahkman (4)