May 17, 2013, 10:52 AM EDT
With the decision to keep assistants David Cox and Van Macon on board due in large part to their ability to recruit the Washington, D.C. and New York areas respectively, new Rutgers head coach Eddie Jordan has one assistant position left to fill.
According to multiple reports Jordan has found his man, as former Los Angeles Lakers staff member Kyle Triggs will make the move to the college ranks.
Triggs was the assistant to the head coach the last two seasons in L.A., originally being hired by Mike Brown and remaining on board after Brown was fired by the organization five games into the 2012-13 season.
Triggs does have experience at the collegiate level, as he served as a manager at West Virginia for four years and then moved into a graduate assistant position under head coach Bob Huggins.
“I learned so much,” Triggs told the Journal-News of West Virginia in 2008 about his time with the Mountaineer program under head coach Bob Huggins. “I learned how to run a program, how to recruit. The main thing I learned from him was how to be successful, and that’s having to outwork everybody. He outworks every coach he goes up against and that’s one of the things I found out right away.”
Prior to joining the Lakers, Triggs served as an assistant coach at Division II Walsh College in Ohio.
Having two assistants in Cox and Macon who have plenty of experience at the college level should help Triggs as he adjusts to life as a Division I assistant coach.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 0
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 0
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)