May 17, 2013, 9:02 PM EST
One month after making the decision to return to Washington for his senior season, second team All-Pac-12 selection C.J. Wilcox underwent surgery on his left foot to stabilize a stress fracture that according to the Associated Press lingered for much of the 2012-13 season.
The purpose of the surgery was to stabilize the fifth metatarsal in Wilcox’s left foot. According to the school, the expectation is that Washington’s leading scorer from a season ago will be back to full strength in time for the start of the 2013-14 season.
Wilcox averaged 16.8 points and 4.3 rebounds per game for the Huskies last season, deciding to return to school due to the desire of both he and his father to “finish what we started and come back for my fifth year and lead the team.”
Including Wilcox, six of the Pac-12’s top ten scorers from last season will return in 2013-14 with Arizona State point guard Jahii Carson (18.5 ppg) leading the way.
While the conference did lose some valuable players, the return of standouts such as Wilcox could result in the conference taking another step towards a return to national relevance in 2013-14.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
Jan 29, 2015, 10:57 PM EST
Ike Nwamu scored 20 points in the Bears’ 75-72 overtime win over Chattanooga, but should he have two (or three) more points to his credit?
Jan 29, 2015, 9:38 PM EST
Providence’s Kris Dunn posted the program’s first triple-double since 2006, and UMass held off Dayton in Amherst.
Jan 29, 2015, 8:44 PM EST
The third year of the event means an improved schedule, with all ten games being played on one day.
Bradley’s leading scorer one of three players facing disciplinary action following incident Thursday morning
Jan 29, 2015, 6:57 PM EST
Warren Jones is averaging a team-best 13.8 points per game for Bradley, which has lost six of its last seven games.
Jan 29, 2015, 5:46 PM EST
Leland King led Brown in scoring and was also tied for the team lead in rebounds per game.
Jan 29, 2015, 4:42 PM EST
Rasheed Sulaimon played 12 minutes in the Blue Devils’ loss at No. 8 Notre Dame Wednesday night.
Jan 29, 2015, 4:15 PM EST
The Eastern Washington guard has received more attention nationally in recent weeks, and it’s well-deserved.
Jan 29, 2015, 3:28 PM EST
At the very least, he’s the most valuable player in the country.
Jan 29, 2015, 2:30 PM EST
Donnie Tyndall’s trail of destruction in Hattiesburg continues to grow.
Jan 29, 2015, 1:09 PM EST
Melo Trimble vs. D’Angelo Russell will be worth the two hours.
Jan 29, 2015, 11:49 AM EST
That hashtag, though.
Jan 29, 2015, 11:14 AM EST
It looks like T.J.’s got jokes.
Jan 29, 2015, 10:04 AM EST
Cottrill was once ranked above Shabazz Napier and Aaron Craft, among many others.
Jan 29, 2015, 9:08 AM EST
Rysheed Jordan averages 13.4 points.
Jan 29, 2015, 12:14 AM EST
I love this move.
Jan 28, 2015, 11:24 PM EST
Rhode Island moved to 14-5 overall and 6-2 in Atlantic 10 play with the win over Fordham.
Jan 28, 2015, 10:52 PM EST
The Huskies will be short one perimeter option when they take on Cincinnati Thursday night.
Jan 28, 2015, 9:56 PM EST
Jerian Grant was the headliner for the Fighting Irish, but he had plenty of help as they erased a ten-point second half deficit.
Jan 28, 2015, 9:37 PM EST
The night is only getting started.
Jan 28, 2015, 6:25 PM EST
Nine uncommitted players, with Duke and (get this) LSU leading the way with two each.
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 10
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 3
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (10)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)