May 18, 2013, 1:15 PM EDT
After appearing in only four regular season games and registering five minutes of playing time with no statistics, Georgetown forward Brandon Bolden has opted to transfer to Kansas State, the Wildcats announced on Friday.
The 6-10, 210-pound Bolden will sit out the upcoming 2013-14 season due to NCAA transfer rules, but will have three years of eligibility remaining for Kansas State.
Bolden is the seventh signee for the Wildcats for the 2013-14 season and joins five freshmen — center Neville Fincher, small forward Wesley Iwundu and guards Marcus Foster, Jevon Thomas and Nigel Johnson — as well as Maine guard and fellow transfer Justin Edwards. Edwards — like Bolden — will also sit out the 2013-14 season.
“We are very excited to add Brandon to our program,” Kansas State head coach Bruce Weber said. “With such a large incoming freshmen class, we really wanted to add a more experienced player to our team plus we needed someone with his kind of size and length. I think the year off will be great for Brandon to not only develop and improve his game, but also to get stronger in the weight room. He will be a great asset next season just as a practice player to make our guys better.”
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 4
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 7
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)