May 18, 2013, 11:09 AM EST
Oregon State picked up a late 2013 commitment when 6-2 combo guard Malcolm Duvivier opted to sign his letter of intent on Friday after previously being a member of the 2014 class.
Duvivier — a native of Toronto — was previously regarded as Rivals’ No. 116 player in the 2014 national rankings before filling an immediate need for the Beavers. With the loss of 1,000-point scorer and starting point guard Ahmad Starks to transfer, Oregon State was desperate for another guard for the 2013-14 season.
“I’m extremely pleased and excited that Malcolm Duvivier is joining our 2013 recruiting class,” Oregon State head coach Craig Robinson said. “Malcolm’s commitment comes at the perfect time. He can provide help at both guard positions. He is a player that makes other players better but also can score points in bunches. He has good three-point range and can defend either guard spot well. As important, Malcolm will be a great fit off the court and in the Beaver community.”
Duvivier joins New Jersey shooting guard Hallice Cooke and California center Cheikh N’diaye in Oregon State’s 2013 recruiting class. Duvivier represented the Canadian men’s national team at the 2011 FIBA Americas U16 Championships and the 2012 FIBA U17 World Championship.
Malcolm spent this spring playing in the EYBL with CIA Bounce and averaged 6.2 points and 3.5 rebounds per game in six contests.
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 0
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 0
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 3
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)