May 18, 2013, 11:09 AM EDT
Oregon State picked up a late 2013 commitment when 6-2 combo guard Malcolm Duvivier opted to sign his letter of intent on Friday after previously being a member of the 2014 class.
Duvivier — a native of Toronto — was previously regarded as Rivals’ No. 116 player in the 2014 national rankings before filling an immediate need for the Beavers. With the loss of 1,000-point scorer and starting point guard Ahmad Starks to transfer, Oregon State was desperate for another guard for the 2013-14 season.
“I’m extremely pleased and excited that Malcolm Duvivier is joining our 2013 recruiting class,” Oregon State head coach Craig Robinson said. “Malcolm’s commitment comes at the perfect time. He can provide help at both guard positions. He is a player that makes other players better but also can score points in bunches. He has good three-point range and can defend either guard spot well. As important, Malcolm will be a great fit off the court and in the Beaver community.”
Duvivier joins New Jersey shooting guard Hallice Cooke and California center Cheikh N’diaye in Oregon State’s 2013 recruiting class. Duvivier represented the Canadian men’s national team at the 2011 FIBA Americas U16 Championships and the 2012 FIBA U17 World Championship.
Malcolm spent this spring playing in the EYBL with CIA Bounce and averaged 6.2 points and 3.5 rebounds per game in six contests.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)