May 18, 2013, 10:02 AM EDT
Tennessee sophomore center Yemi Makanjuola has opted to transfer to UNC-Wilmington, per a Tweet from Brian Mull of StarNews. Makanjuola — a 6-9, 250-pound native of Nigeria — will have two years of eligibility remaining after NCAA transfer rules force him to sit out next season.
Makanjuola will be eligible in the 2014-15 season and saw action in 29 games for the Volunteers in the 2012-13 season. The sophomore averaged 1.6 point and 2.4 rebounds per game in just under eight minutes a contest.
Although Makanjuola’s sophomore numbers were relatively similar to his freshman campaign with Tennessee, his field goal percentage plummeted nearly 20 percent in his sophomore season, down to 38 percent from the field after shooting an impressive 59 percent his first season.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1