May 18, 2013, 10:02 AM EDT
Tennessee sophomore center Yemi Makanjuola has opted to transfer to UNC-Wilmington, per a Tweet from Brian Mull of StarNews. Makanjuola — a 6-9, 250-pound native of Nigeria — will have two years of eligibility remaining after NCAA transfer rules force him to sit out next season.
Makanjuola will be eligible in the 2014-15 season and saw action in 29 games for the Volunteers in the 2012-13 season. The sophomore averaged 1.6 point and 2.4 rebounds per game in just under eight minutes a contest.
Although Makanjuola’s sophomore numbers were relatively similar to his freshman campaign with Tennessee, his field goal percentage plummeted nearly 20 percent in his sophomore season, down to 38 percent from the field after shooting an impressive 59 percent his first season.
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0