May 19, 2013, 12:29 PM EDT
As teams begin to solidify their non-conference schedules for the 2013-14 season, it has been reported that UCLA will host Alabama next season with the Bruins traveling to Alabama the following year.
Anthony Grant may have his best team in next season his fifth in Tuscaloosa even with Trevor Lacey transferring out of the program. While Lacey’s decision to transfer is certainly a major blow as he was a double digit scorer and averaged better than three assists and rebounds as a sophomore, Trevor Releford returns and highly touted center Jimmie Taylor should be one of the better freshmen in the SEC.
UCLA, meanwhile, begins anew with first year head coach Steve Alford–out are Ben Howland and his prized recruit Shabazz Muhammad. Alford still has plenty of pieces to work with as rising sophomores Kyle Anderson and Jordan Adams will make for a strong nucleus.
UCLA will begin a home and home series next year with Alabama at Pauley Pavilion. Return game in Tuscaloosa during 14-15 season.—
Jon Rothstein (@JonRothstein) May 18, 2013
This is a nice series for both schools pitting upper-tier Pac-12 and SEC teams against one another.
You can find Kevin on twitter @KLDoyle11
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (3)