May 19, 2013, 12:29 PM EST
As teams begin to solidify their non-conference schedules for the 2013-14 season, it has been reported that UCLA will host Alabama next season with the Bruins traveling to Alabama the following year.
Anthony Grant may have his best team in next season his fifth in Tuscaloosa even with Trevor Lacey transferring out of the program. While Lacey’s decision to transfer is certainly a major blow as he was a double digit scorer and averaged better than three assists and rebounds as a sophomore, Trevor Releford returns and highly touted center Jimmie Taylor should be one of the better freshmen in the SEC.
UCLA, meanwhile, begins anew with first year head coach Steve Alford–out are Ben Howland and his prized recruit Shabazz Muhammad. Alford still has plenty of pieces to work with as rising sophomores Kyle Anderson and Jordan Adams will make for a strong nucleus.
UCLA will begin a home and home series next year with Alabama at Pauley Pavilion. Return game in Tuscaloosa during 14-15 season.—
Jon Rothstein (@JonRothstein) May 18, 2013
This is a nice series for both schools pitting upper-tier Pac-12 and SEC teams against one another.
You can find Kevin on twitter @KLDoyle11
- Kansas lost, but Jayhawk fans should be happy after the Colorado game 4
- Colorado needs game-winner to serve as a catalyst for Askia Booker (VIDEO) 0
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again 3
- CBT Weekly Roundtable: Figuring out the ACC 0
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games 4
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (4)
- Kansas lost, but Jayhawk fans should be happy after the Colorado game (4)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)