May 19, 2013, 12:29 PM EST
As teams begin to solidify their non-conference schedules for the 2013-14 season, it has been reported that UCLA will host Alabama next season with the Bruins traveling to Alabama the following year.
Anthony Grant may have his best team in next season his fifth in Tuscaloosa even with Trevor Lacey transferring out of the program. While Lacey’s decision to transfer is certainly a major blow as he was a double digit scorer and averaged better than three assists and rebounds as a sophomore, Trevor Releford returns and highly touted center Jimmie Taylor should be one of the better freshmen in the SEC.
UCLA, meanwhile, begins anew with first year head coach Steve Alford–out are Ben Howland and his prized recruit Shabazz Muhammad. Alford still has plenty of pieces to work with as rising sophomores Kyle Anderson and Jordan Adams will make for a strong nucleus.
This is a nice series for both schools pitting upper-tier Pac-12 and SEC teams against one another.
You can find Kevin on twitter @KLDoyle11
- Why Duke’s road win at Virginia was so shocking 3
- Briante Weber suffers season-ending knee injury in No. 14 VCU’s loss to Richmond 0
- No. 4 Duke ends No. 2 Virginia’s unbeaten season 1
- Foul line, offensive rebounding aid No. 13 Louisville’s comeback effort 0
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 4 Duke rebounds to beat No. 2 Virginia, and No. 8 Notre Dame falls 0
- No. 8 Notre Dame upset by Pitt 1
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)
- Jerian Grant turns back fans trying to storm the floor after Duke win (GIF) (4)