Fellow student and fraternity brother charged with disorderly conduct in assault of Brown guard Joseph Sharkey
May 19, 2013, 3:04 PM EST
The story continues to unfold on the assault of Joseph Sharkey, a sophomore guard on the Brown University baskstball team, who was found in critical condition in the early hours of Sunday morning (May 12th) with an injury to the head.
Dillon J. Ingham, 22 of New York, was charged with disorderly conduct and is being held for the next session of District Court, police said Friday afternoon. His specific involvement in the incident was not disclosed. Brown University has confirmed that he is a student at the school, is on the wrestling team and was on the football team. He and Sharkey are both brothers of the Theta Delta Chi fraternity.
Fellow varsity athletes at Brown and members of the same fraternity, it would appear that Sharkey and Ingham know each other well, and perhaps had a history.
One of the brothers of the Theta Delta Chi frat had this to say about Ingham: “I can’t say a bad thing about Dillon. He’s one of the nicest guys I ever met. I just don’t understand what’s going on with that.”
This story and investigation is an ongoing one that will be closely monitored in the coming weeks.
You can find Kevin on twitter @KLDoyle11
- Weekend Preview: Iowa-Iowa State highlights a rivalry-heavy weekend slate 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Ten Most Disappointing Teams 0
- CBT Weekly Roundtable: Who are the top five teams as of today? 1
- The Chase for 180: Jahii Carson’s improved jump shot 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Top Ten Most Surprising Teams 1
- Report: Former North Carolina guard Will Graves arrested on drug charges at home owned by head coach Roy Williams (11)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (4)
- Why is Kentucky’s attendance going down? UK writer says Rupp is ‘stale’ (4)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)
- Weekend Preview: Iowa-Iowa State highlights a rivalry-heavy weekend slate (3)