Fellow student and fraternity brother charged with disorderly conduct in assault of Brown guard Joseph Sharkey
May 19, 2013, 3:04 PM EDT
The story continues to unfold on the assault of Joseph Sharkey, a sophomore guard on the Brown University baskstball team, who was found in critical condition in the early hours of Sunday morning (May 12th) with an injury to the head.
Dillon J. Ingham, 22 of New York, was charged with disorderly conduct and is being held for the next session of District Court, police said Friday afternoon. His specific involvement in the incident was not disclosed. Brown University has confirmed that he is a student at the school, is on the wrestling team and was on the football team. He and Sharkey are both brothers of the Theta Delta Chi fraternity.
Fellow varsity athletes at Brown and members of the same fraternity, it would appear that Sharkey and Ingham know each other well, and perhaps had a history.
One of the brothers of the Theta Delta Chi frat had this to say about Ingham: “I can’t say a bad thing about Dillon. He’s one of the nicest guys I ever met. I just don’t understand what’s going on with that.”
This story and investigation is an ongoing one that will be closely monitored in the coming weeks.
You can find Kevin on twitter @KLDoyle11
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0