May 20, 2013, 5:35 PM EST
Recently, the big trend has been to redesign a team’s home court with a cool graphic. Florida International recently pulled it off with a beach theme, Long Beach State did the same a few years ago. Oregon seemed to be one of the originators (as Oregon can be with this sort of stuff).
Add George Washington to that list, with a slight twist on the subject.
The Colonials are heading into the 2013-14 season with what might be the best court in the nation, adding in some local flare to go with a small history lesson that is included in your basketball experience (don’t worry, you won’t be tested afterward).
— GW Sports (@GW_Sports) May 20, 2013
The program went with a combination Washington Monument/White House/Capitol Hill outline that stretches out from the sideline, accompanied by a few flag silhouettes along the outlines.
It’s a pretty awesome display that combines the history of the area — not to mention the school’s namesake — and a unique design that grabs attention. It’s no Oregon (I’m a sucker for the outdoors), but it’s definitely something to appreciate.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 0
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 4
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky are still 1-2 (5)