May 20, 2013, 5:35 PM EST
Recently, the big trend has been to redesign a team’s home court with a cool graphic. Florida International recently pulled it off with a beach theme, Long Beach State did the same a few years ago. Oregon seemed to be one of the originators (as Oregon can be with this sort of stuff).
Add George Washington to that list, with a slight twist on the subject.
The Colonials are heading into the 2013-14 season with what might be the best court in the nation, adding in some local flare to go with a small history lesson that is included in your basketball experience (don’t worry, you won’t be tested afterward).
— GW Sports (@GW_Sports) May 20, 2013
The program went with a combination Washington Monument/White House/Capitol Hill outline that stretches out from the sideline, accompanied by a few flag silhouettes along the outlines.
It’s a pretty awesome display that combines the history of the area — not to mention the school’s namesake — and a unique design that grabs attention. It’s no Oregon (I’m a sucker for the outdoors), but it’s definitely something to appreciate.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Duke doesn’t need Rasheed Sulaimon if they have three guys that fit into a role 1
- The Chase for 180: Doug McDermott’s tough night 0
- Michigan’s offensive struggles in 79-69 loss to Duke a major concern 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Player of the Year Power Rankings 0
- Shabazz Napier hits game-winner, runs out of the arena (VIDEO) 0
- Coach K not a fan of the fascination with one-and-done freshmen (6)
- Marshall Henderson’s on-court antics aren’t changing. Deal with it (5)
- No. 5 Oklahoma State’s win over Purdue exemplifies issues with new foul rules (3)
- Tim Floyd tees off on Andy Enfield: ‘We’re not going to take it in the shorts’ (3)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)