May 20, 2013, 5:35 PM EDT
Recently, the big trend has been to redesign a team’s home court with a cool graphic. Florida International recently pulled it off with a beach theme, Long Beach State did the same a few years ago. Oregon seemed to be one of the originators (as Oregon can be with this sort of stuff).
Add George Washington to that list, with a slight twist on the subject.
The Colonials are heading into the 2013-14 season with what might be the best court in the nation, adding in some local flare to go with a small history lesson that is included in your basketball experience (don’t worry, you won’t be tested afterward).
— GW Sports (@GW_Sports) May 20, 2013
The program went with a combination Washington Monument/White House/Capitol Hill outline that stretches out from the sideline, accompanied by a few flag silhouettes along the outlines.
It’s a pretty awesome display that combines the history of the area — not to mention the school’s namesake — and a unique design that grabs attention. It’s no Oregon (I’m a sucker for the outdoors), but it’s definitely something to appreciate.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 5
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (5)