May 20, 2013, 5:35 PM EST
Recently, the big trend has been to redesign a team’s home court with a cool graphic. Florida International recently pulled it off with a beach theme, Long Beach State did the same a few years ago. Oregon seemed to be one of the originators (as Oregon can be with this sort of stuff).
Add George Washington to that list, with a slight twist on the subject.
The Colonials are heading into the 2013-14 season with what might be the best court in the nation, adding in some local flare to go with a small history lesson that is included in your basketball experience (don’t worry, you won’t be tested afterward).
— GW Sports (@GW_Sports) May 20, 2013
The program went with a combination Washington Monument/White House/Capitol Hill outline that stretches out from the sideline, accompanied by a few flag silhouettes along the outlines.
It’s a pretty awesome display that combines the history of the area — not to mention the school’s namesake — and a unique design that grabs attention. It’s no Oregon (I’m a sucker for the outdoors), but it’s definitely something to appreciate.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 0
- Weekly Awards: LaDontae Henton, West Virginia with notable performances 0
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 4
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 1
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)