May 20, 2013, 5:35 PM EST
Recently, the big trend has been to redesign a team’s home court with a cool graphic. Florida International recently pulled it off with a beach theme, Long Beach State did the same a few years ago. Oregon seemed to be one of the originators (as Oregon can be with this sort of stuff).
Add George Washington to that list, with a slight twist on the subject.
The Colonials are heading into the 2013-14 season with what might be the best court in the nation, adding in some local flare to go with a small history lesson that is included in your basketball experience (don’t worry, you won’t be tested afterward).
— GW Sports (@GW_Sports) May 20, 2013
The program went with a combination Washington Monument/White House/Capitol Hill outline that stretches out from the sideline, accompanied by a few flag silhouettes along the outlines.
It’s a pretty awesome display that combines the history of the area — not to mention the school’s namesake — and a unique design that grabs attention. It’s no Oregon (I’m a sucker for the outdoors), but it’s definitely something to appreciate.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 11
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 3
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Bubble Banter: N.C. State lands a critical win, Texas loses … again 2
- Syracuse upsets No. 8 Notre Dame in an inspired ACC road effort 0
- You Make The Call: Did Marcus Paige get fouled on North Carolina’s last possession? (17)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Report: Big Ten looking into idea of making freshmen ineligible for competition in football, men’s basketball (11)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (11)