May 20, 2013, 12:25 PM EST
Frank Haith has added yet another transfer to his program, as former Baylor wing Deuce Bello will finish up his playing career at Missouri.
The news was first reported by Gabe DeArmond of PowerMizzou.com.
“I have decided to play for Mizzou,” Bello told DeArmond. “We played them three times while I was at Baylor. I really like the way coach Haith’s teams play. They get up and down, they play defense well. I just really like the style of play.”
Bello was rated a top 50 prospect and a four-star recruit coming out of high school in North Carolina, but he was never able to break into Baylor’s rotation. Part of the reason for that is that at this point in his development, Bello is still nothing more than an athlete. He’s a sensational dunker and has the length to be a good perimeter defender, but his skill on the offensive end of the floor needs quite a bit of development.
The good news?
Bello will have to sit out a season, which means that he’ll have nothing to do other than spend the next 18 months working on developing his game. Become a better shooter. Improve his ball-handling. Understand how the game works on the offensive end of the floor. If Bello puts in the work, this redshirt season could be the best thing to happen to him in his career.
Bello will join Earnest Ross, Tony Criswell and Jordan Clarkson as the other transfers on Missouri’s roster. Alex Oriakhi and Keion Bell were transfers that graduated after last season.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 0
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- Bubble Banter: Boise State, St. John’s, Dayton win the day; Texas, N.C. State lose; and Kansas State? 1
- No. 1 Kentucky moves to 29-0 with blowout win over No. 18 Arkansas 0
- No. 11 Wichita State wins the Missouri Valley by knocking off No. 10 Northern Iowa 0
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)