May 20, 2013, 12:25 PM EDT
Frank Haith has added yet another transfer to his program, as former Baylor wing Deuce Bello will finish up his playing career at Missouri.
The news was first reported by Gabe DeArmond of PowerMizzou.com.
“I have decided to play for Mizzou,” Bello told DeArmond. “We played them three times while I was at Baylor. I really like the way coach Haith’s teams play. They get up and down, they play defense well. I just really like the style of play.”
Bello was rated a top 50 prospect and a four-star recruit coming out of high school in North Carolina, but he was never able to break into Baylor’s rotation. Part of the reason for that is that at this point in his development, Bello is still nothing more than an athlete. He’s a sensational dunker and has the length to be a good perimeter defender, but his skill on the offensive end of the floor needs quite a bit of development.
The good news?
Bello will have to sit out a season, which means that he’ll have nothing to do other than spend the next 18 months working on developing his game. Become a better shooter. Improve his ball-handling. Understand how the game works on the offensive end of the floor. If Bello puts in the work, this redshirt season could be the best thing to happen to him in his career.
Bello will join Earnest Ross, Tony Criswell and Jordan Clarkson as the other transfers on Missouri’s roster. Alex Oriakhi and Keion Bell were transfers that graduated after last season.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 0
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 4
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (4)