May 20, 2013, 6:15 PM EST
Justin Tuoyo’s next stop is with a familiar face.
The sophomore-to-be will be transferring to Chattanooga, where he will be reunited with Will Wade, who took over for with the Mocs after spending the past four seasons on Shaka Smart’s staff at VCU.
The 6-9 Tuoyo averaged 1.1 points and 1.4 rebounds in his lone season with the Rams, and had a hard time collecting consistent minutes. He’s a Hampton, Ga. native.
“We are really excited about Justin,” Wade said. “He is a critical piece to a winning program. I have coached him for a year. He is long and athletic, and I have known him and his family for over three years. He is from right down the road in Georgia, just on the south side of Atlanta in Clayton County. He will be a great resource for our guys here now because he’s been through it all. I think he will be a critical piece for us because he knows exactly what I want, he knows what I am about and he knows exactly what our system is about. I was very thankful that he wanted to come to Chattanooga. He has never stepped foot on this campus. His first day of school will be his first day on campus.”
Tuoyo joins Anthonee Doyle as the signees for Wade’s first recruiting class at Chattanooga.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 31
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)