May 20, 2013, 6:15 PM EST
Justin Tuoyo’s next stop is with a familiar face.
The sophomore-to-be will be transferring to Chattanooga, where he will be reunited with Will Wade, who took over for with the Mocs after spending the past four seasons on Shaka Smart’s staff at VCU.
The 6-9 Tuoyo averaged 1.1 points and 1.4 rebounds in his lone season with the Rams, and had a hard time collecting consistent minutes. He’s a Hampton, Ga. native.
“We are really excited about Justin,” Wade said. “He is a critical piece to a winning program. I have coached him for a year. He is long and athletic, and I have known him and his family for over three years. He is from right down the road in Georgia, just on the south side of Atlanta in Clayton County. He will be a great resource for our guys here now because he’s been through it all. I think he will be a critical piece for us because he knows exactly what I want, he knows what I am about and he knows exactly what our system is about. I was very thankful that he wanted to come to Chattanooga. He has never stepped foot on this campus. His first day of school will be his first day on campus.”
Tuoyo joins Anthonee Doyle as the signees for Wade’s first recruiting class at Chattanooga.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? 0
- North Carolina shows up ready to compete, knocks off No. 1 Michigan State 0
- Duke doesn’t need Rasheed Sulaimon if they have three guys that fit into a role 1
- The Chase for 180: Doug McDermott’s tough night 0
- Michigan’s offensive struggles in 79-69 loss to Duke a major concern 1
- Marshall Henderson’s on-court antics aren’t changing. Deal with it (5)
- No. 5 Oklahoma State’s win over Purdue exemplifies issues with new foul rules (3)
- Tim Floyd tees off on Andy Enfield: ‘We’re not going to take it in the shorts’ (3)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)
- No. 20 Creighton gets 27 from Doug McDermott, stifles Jahii Carson in blowout (2)