May 20, 2013, 9:17 AM EST
It’s official now: Zay Jackson will be returning to the Murray State basketball team next season.
That’s according to Andy Katz, who reported on Monday morning that Jackson had practiced with the Racers and earned a 2.75 GPA after spending 49 days in jail.
If you’ve forgotten, Jackson was locked up for an incident in a Walmart parking lot late last summer. On September 10th, Jackson had a confrontation with a man named Jason Clements at the Walmart in Murray and eventually pushed a cart into the man’s car. After getting in his car, Jackson ran the man down and drove for several hundred feet with him clutching on to the hood of his car. You can watch the video here.
Jackson will be a key piece for the Racers next year. Not only do they lose Isaiah Canaan, but Ed Daniel and Stacy Wilson also graduate, leaving head coach Steve Prohm without his three leading scorers from a season ago. Jackson averaged 4.9 points and 2.3 assists as a freshman in 2011-2012 and was expected to be an important player for the Racers last year.
Do you think it’s right for Jackson to play for Murray State again?
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? 2
- North Carolina shows up ready to compete, knocks off No. 1 Michigan State 1
- Duke doesn’t need Rasheed Sulaimon if they have three guys that fit into a role 2
- The Chase for 180: Doug McDermott’s tough night 0
- Michigan’s offensive struggles in 79-69 loss to Duke a major concern 1
- Marshall Henderson’s on-court antics aren’t changing. Deal with it (5)
- No. 5 Oklahoma State’s win over Purdue exemplifies issues with new foul rules (3)
- Tim Floyd tees off on Andy Enfield: ‘We’re not going to take it in the shorts’ (3)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)
- No. 20 Creighton gets 27 from Doug McDermott, stifles Jahii Carson in blowout (2)