May 20, 2013, 9:17 AM EDT
It’s official now: Zay Jackson will be returning to the Murray State basketball team next season.
That’s according to Andy Katz, who reported on Monday morning that Jackson had practiced with the Racers and earned a 2.75 GPA after spending 49 days in jail.
If you’ve forgotten, Jackson was locked up for an incident in a Walmart parking lot late last summer. On September 10th, Jackson had a confrontation with a man named Jason Clements at the Walmart in Murray and eventually pushed a cart into the man’s car. After getting in his car, Jackson ran the man down and drove for several hundred feet with him clutching on to the hood of his car. You can watch the video here.
Jackson will be a key piece for the Racers next year. Not only do they lose Isaiah Canaan, but Ed Daniel and Stacy Wilson also graduate, leaving head coach Steve Prohm without his three leading scorers from a season ago. Jackson averaged 4.9 points and 2.3 assists as a freshman in 2011-2012 and was expected to be an important player for the Racers last year.
Do you think it’s right for Jackson to play for Murray State again?
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Jabari Parker on a potential move to two-and-done: ‘I think that’s ridiculous’ 4
- John Calipari appears on ‘The Colbert Report’ (VIDEO) 0
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)