May 20, 2013, 9:17 AM EDT
It’s official now: Zay Jackson will be returning to the Murray State basketball team next season.
That’s according to Andy Katz, who reported on Monday morning that Jackson had practiced with the Racers and earned a 2.75 GPA after spending 49 days in jail.
If you’ve forgotten, Jackson was locked up for an incident in a Walmart parking lot late last summer. On September 10th, Jackson had a confrontation with a man named Jason Clements at the Walmart in Murray and eventually pushed a cart into the man’s car. After getting in his car, Jackson ran the man down and drove for several hundred feet with him clutching on to the hood of his car. You can watch the video here.
Jackson will be a key piece for the Racers next year. Not only do they lose Isaiah Canaan, but Ed Daniel and Stacy Wilson also graduate, leaving head coach Steve Prohm without his three leading scorers from a season ago. Jackson averaged 4.9 points and 2.3 assists as a freshman in 2011-2012 and was expected to be an important player for the Racers last year.
Do you think it’s right for Jackson to play for Murray State again?
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 0
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)