May 21, 2013, 12:40 PM EST
Kevin Stallings isn’t too happy about Sheldon Jeter’s decision to transfer.
According to a report from the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, the Vanderbilt head coach has blocked his former player from transferring to Pitt next season.
Jeter is a graduate of Beaver Falls HS and announced over the weekend that he would be leaving the Commodores to transfer to a program closer to home. “Sheldon has indicated that he’d like to play closer to home, and we wish him the best,” Stallings said in the release that the school sent out, but apparently they only wish him the best if he transfers to a school of their choosing.
It is unclear, as of now, if Vanderbilt has decided to block Jeter from transferring to any other program. And ‘blocking’ the transfer doesn’t mean that Jeter can’t become a Panther; it means that, if Jeter were to decide to enroll at Pitt, he wouldn’t be allowed to be on scholarship while he sits out for a year due to NCAA transfer rules, having to pay his own tuition instead.
Last April, Wisconsin head coach Bo Ryan tried to block Jarrod Uthoff from transferring closer to him Iowa home, and he proceeded to make himself look foolish nationally. It will be interesting to see if there is the same pushback against Stallings.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)