May 21, 2013, 12:40 PM EDT
Kevin Stallings isn’t too happy about Sheldon Jeter’s decision to transfer.
According to a report from the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, the Vanderbilt head coach has blocked his former player from transferring to Pitt next season.
Jeter is a graduate of Beaver Falls HS and announced over the weekend that he would be leaving the Commodores to transfer to a program closer to home. “Sheldon has indicated that he’d like to play closer to home, and we wish him the best,” Stallings said in the release that the school sent out, but apparently they only wish him the best if he transfers to a school of their choosing.
It is unclear, as of now, if Vanderbilt has decided to block Jeter from transferring to any other program. And ‘blocking’ the transfer doesn’t mean that Jeter can’t become a Panther; it means that, if Jeter were to decide to enroll at Pitt, he wouldn’t be allowed to be on scholarship while he sits out for a year due to NCAA transfer rules, having to pay his own tuition instead.
Last April, Wisconsin head coach Bo Ryan tried to block Jarrod Uthoff from transferring closer to him Iowa home, and he proceeded to make himself look foolish nationally. It will be interesting to see if there is the same pushback against Stallings.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- AAU Nationals Friday Recap: Event moves to Louisville, Bruce Brown plays well, Noah Dickerson updates recruitment 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships 3
- Las Vegas Thursday Recap: Skal Labissiere, Stephen Zimmerman perform well 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)