May 21, 2013, 1:32 PM EST
Montana announced on Tuesday that Washington transfer Martin Breunig would be transferring into the program.
“We are very excited about signing Martin Breunig at the University of Montana,” head coach Wayne Tinkle said in a statement. “He’s a strong, athletic post player, and he really adds good size and strength to our front line.”
“We are thrilled to land a player of his caliber, and we’re looking forward to his arrival here,”
Breunig is a 6-foot-8, 210 lb forward from Germany. He’s big and athletic and should provide immediate help to the Grizzlies’ front line when he becomes eligible in 2014-2015. Breunig saw action in just 30 games in two seasons as a Husky, and will be a redshirt junior after sitting out the NCAA’s required one season for transferring.
(Image via Washington athletics)
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Reductions in scholarship, off-campus recruiting will have significant impact on Syracuse moving forward 1
- NCAA sanctions Syracuse; 12 lost scholarships, nine-game suspension for coach Jim Boeheim 9
- Bracketology: No. 1 seed line remains unsettled 3
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Carolina Part Two, and which bubble teams have the most on the line? 0
- Bubble Banter: Davidson with a big win, Stanford in trouble, and … VCU? 1
- Justin Anderson out this weekend after undergoing appendectomy 0
- West Coast Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (26)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (11)
- NCAA sanctions Syracuse; 12 lost scholarships, nine-game suspension for coach Jim Boeheim (10)
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed (9)