May 22, 2013, 8:29 PM EDT
A third player with eligibility remaining will not return to the BYU program next season, as it was reported that 6-8 forward Agustin Ambrosino will not be a member of the basketball program in 2013-14.
Ambrosino, who played an average of 6.2 minutes in 31 games last season, joins Raul Delgado (transferring to Metro State) and Ian Harward (retirement due to injury) as players who will not be a part of the program next season.
Ambrosino didn’t see much playing time in his one season at BYU after playing at Salt Lake Community College, averaging 1.8 points and 1.4 rebounds per game. Ambrosino’s most productive outing came in BYU’s 95-62 win over Eastern New Mexico on December 18, when he scored 14 points and grabbed eight rebounds in 22 minutes of action.
BYU head coach Dave Rose also has to account for the graduation of Brandon Davies in his approach to the 2013-14 season, but the arrival of highly touted power forward Eric Mika will certainly help matters.
Of the five new additions to the program two are front court players (Mike and Luke Worthington), and there’s also the return of 6-6 guard Kyle Collinsworth to consider. Collinsworth averaged 5.4 points and 5.1 rebounds per game as a freshman in 2010-11 before departing for his two-year LDS mission.
Of BYU’s returnees forwards Josh Sharp (18.5 mpg, 4.4 ppg, 3.9 rpg) and Nate Austin (17.5 mpg, 3.6 ppg, 4.6 rpg) are the most experienced Cougars in the paint.
BYU also returns guards Matt Carlino, Tyler Haws and Anson Winder, with Haws averaging a team-best 21.5 points per game in his first season after serving a two-year LDS mission.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 0
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 2
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 23
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (86)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (23)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)