May 22, 2013, 12:34 PM EDT
On Wednesday afternoon, five-star small forward Theo Pinson officially announced his intentions to stay in-state and attend North Carolina.
The Greensboro, NC, native picked the Tar Heels over Indiana, Louisville, Georgetown and Duke.
A 6-foot-6 athlete on the wing, Pinson is known for his ability to get up and down the floor and finish around the rim. He’s a good passer as well, but to truly emerge as a star at the next level, he’s going to need to develop his perimeter skills: his jump shot, his ball-handling, his ability to read a defense. At this point, much of his offensive production is the result of simply being bigger and more athletic than his competition.
The addition of Pinson, who Rivals ranks as the No. 15 player in the class, is huge for the Tar Heels, as he becomes the third commitment that Roy Williams has earned in the Class of 2014. He joins fellow five-star recruit Justin Jackson, a 6-foot-8 wing from Houston, and top 25 point guard Joel Berry, a four-star prospect from Florida.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Latest mixtape for Dennis Smith Jr. shows how talented he is (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1