May 22, 2013, 12:34 PM EDT
On Wednesday afternoon, five-star small forward Theo Pinson officially announced his intentions to stay in-state and attend North Carolina.
The Greensboro, NC, native picked the Tar Heels over Indiana, Louisville, Georgetown and Duke.
A 6-foot-6 athlete on the wing, Pinson is known for his ability to get up and down the floor and finish around the rim. He’s a good passer as well, but to truly emerge as a star at the next level, he’s going to need to develop his perimeter skills: his jump shot, his ball-handling, his ability to read a defense. At this point, much of his offensive production is the result of simply being bigger and more athletic than his competition.
The addition of Pinson, who Rivals ranks as the No. 15 player in the class, is huge for the Tar Heels, as he becomes the third commitment that Roy Williams has earned in the Class of 2014. He joins fellow five-star recruit Justin Jackson, a 6-foot-8 wing from Houston, and top 25 point guard Joel Berry, a four-star prospect from Florida.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)
- Seton Hall to give scholarship basketball players $2,600 towards cost of attendance (1)
- Indiana president none too pleased with recent legal issues involving student-athletes (1)
- Throwback Thursday: When we realized Russell Westbrook was a freak (VIDEO) (1)