May 22, 2013, 12:34 PM EDT
On Wednesday afternoon, five-star small forward Theo Pinson officially announced his intentions to stay in-state and attend North Carolina.
The Greensboro, NC, native picked the Tar Heels over Indiana, Louisville, Georgetown and Duke.
A 6-foot-6 athlete on the wing, Pinson is known for his ability to get up and down the floor and finish around the rim. He’s a good passer as well, but to truly emerge as a star at the next level, he’s going to need to develop his perimeter skills: his jump shot, his ball-handling, his ability to read a defense. At this point, much of his offensive production is the result of simply being bigger and more athletic than his competition.
The addition of Pinson, who Rivals ranks as the No. 15 player in the class, is huge for the Tar Heels, as he becomes the third commitment that Roy Williams has earned in the Class of 2014. He joins fellow five-star recruit Justin Jackson, a 6-foot-8 wing from Houston, and top 25 point guard Joel Berry, a four-star prospect from Florida.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)
- UCLA lands four-star center, second 2017 commitment (3)
- So what happened to the chair Bobby Knight threw in 1985? (3)
- Flooding from storm damages Denver’s practice floor (PHOTOS) (3)