May 22, 2013, 4:44 PM EDT
On Tuesday, the University of Washington announced plans for an alumni basketball game to be held on June 23. Returning for the game will be former Husky stars such as Brandon Roy, Nate Robinson and Jon Brockman among many.
Festivities will begin at 1:00 p.m., with there also being three-point and slam dunk competitions for the fans to enjoy.
Hopefully the dunk contest will match up two Huskies who have won the NBA Slam Dunk Contest: Robinson, the only three-time winner in the history of the event, and Terrence Ross.
Ross, who currently plays for the Toronto Raptors, won the 2013 edition of the NBA competition in Houston.
While the entertainment factor tends to receive much of the focus with events such as this one, just as important is the fact that it allows former teammates to catch up and rehash old stories.
“We have such a strong and connected network of former players here at Washington, and they love getting the chance to catch up with each other,” Washington head coach Lorenzo Romar said in a statement released by the school.
“This event is about providing an opportunity for them to do so, and for Washington Basketball fans to get the chance to see some of their all-time favorites don the purple and gold once again.”
According to the school former Huskies Robinson, Ross, Brockman, Quincy Pondexter, Brandon Roy, Isaiah Thomas, Tony Wroten, Spencer Hawes and Justin Holiday have all confirmed plans to attend the event.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0