May 22, 2013, 7:07 PM EST
One week ago UMKC announced the addition of a fourth player to the program, as 6-10 forward/center Isaac Kreuer will return to the Kansas City metropolitan area after spending last year at the Impact Basketball Academy in Las Vegas.
According to the Kansas City Star, first-year head coach Kareem Richardson has filled out his coaching staff as Angres Thorpe, Sean Bledsoe and Jason Sautter will join the program.
Thorpe, who will serve as associate head coach, served in the same capacity on Tod Kowalczyk’s staff at Toledo for the last two seasons. Thorpe has also worked at Wisconsin-Green Bay (also under Kowalczyk), Saint Louis and Ball State.
Bledsoe has experience not only at the collegiate level but also developing prospects at the AAU level.
Bledsoe spent 10 years as an assistant at Cleveland State and Bowling Green before getting into training and showcasing prospects. Bledsoe ran an exposure camp and founded an AAU team that produced among other players Michigan State Gary Harris, the Big Ten freshman of the year.
Sautter has experience at the junior college level, which is an area the Kangaroos may need to utilize as they look to improve while also making the move from the Summit League to the WAC.
According to the Star, Richardson will also promote Conner Hampton to director of basketball operations. Hampton served as a graduate assistant at UMKC last season. That opening will be filled by former UMKC forward Spencer Johnson.
On the recruiting front UMKC has added former Bradley forward Shayok Shayok, point guard Martez Harrison (Brewster Academy) and shooting guard Frank Williams Jr. (Indian Hills CC).
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- Bonzie Colson continues hot streak as No. 12 Notre Dame wins at No. 16 Louisville 1
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 1
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 2
- Virginia’s Justin Anderson could return as early as Saturday 0
- Missouri Valley Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how bad was Indiana’s loss to Iowa? 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (24)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)