May 22, 2013, 7:07 PM EDT
One week ago UMKC announced the addition of a fourth player to the program, as 6-10 forward/center Isaac Kreuer will return to the Kansas City metropolitan area after spending last year at the Impact Basketball Academy in Las Vegas.
According to the Kansas City Star, first-year head coach Kareem Richardson has filled out his coaching staff as Angres Thorpe, Sean Bledsoe and Jason Sautter will join the program.
Thorpe, who will serve as associate head coach, served in the same capacity on Tod Kowalczyk’s staff at Toledo for the last two seasons. Thorpe has also worked at Wisconsin-Green Bay (also under Kowalczyk), Saint Louis and Ball State.
Bledsoe has experience not only at the collegiate level but also developing prospects at the AAU level.
Bledsoe spent 10 years as an assistant at Cleveland State and Bowling Green before getting into training and showcasing prospects. Bledsoe ran an exposure camp and founded an AAU team that produced among other players Michigan State Gary Harris, the Big Ten freshman of the year.
Sautter has experience at the junior college level, which is an area the Kangaroos may need to utilize as they look to improve while also making the move from the Summit League to the WAC.
According to the Star, Richardson will also promote Conner Hampton to director of basketball operations. Hampton served as a graduate assistant at UMKC last season. That opening will be filled by former UMKC forward Spencer Johnson.
On the recruiting front UMKC has added former Bradley forward Shayok Shayok, point guard Martez Harrison (Brewster Academy) and shooting guard Frank Williams Jr. (Indian Hills CC).
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Winona State coach Mike Leaf resigned after player accused him of making drunken sexual advances (6)
- Throwback Thursday: Which Jim Calhoun rant was the best Jim Calhoun rant? (3)
- Tulsa gets 2016 commitment from former Wichita State guard (2)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)