May 22, 2013, 7:07 PM EDT
One week ago UMKC announced the addition of a fourth player to the program, as 6-10 forward/center Isaac Kreuer will return to the Kansas City metropolitan area after spending last year at the Impact Basketball Academy in Las Vegas.
According to the Kansas City Star, first-year head coach Kareem Richardson has filled out his coaching staff as Angres Thorpe, Sean Bledsoe and Jason Sautter will join the program.
Thorpe, who will serve as associate head coach, served in the same capacity on Tod Kowalczyk’s staff at Toledo for the last two seasons. Thorpe has also worked at Wisconsin-Green Bay (also under Kowalczyk), Saint Louis and Ball State.
Bledsoe has experience not only at the collegiate level but also developing prospects at the AAU level.
Bledsoe spent 10 years as an assistant at Cleveland State and Bowling Green before getting into training and showcasing prospects. Bledsoe ran an exposure camp and founded an AAU team that produced among other players Michigan State Gary Harris, the Big Ten freshman of the year.
Sautter has experience at the junior college level, which is an area the Kangaroos may need to utilize as they look to improve while also making the move from the Summit League to the WAC.
According to the Star, Richardson will also promote Conner Hampton to director of basketball operations. Hampton served as a graduate assistant at UMKC last season. That opening will be filled by former UMKC forward Spencer Johnson.
On the recruiting front UMKC has added former Bradley forward Shayok Shayok, point guard Martez Harrison (Brewster Academy) and shooting guard Frank Williams Jr. (Indian Hills CC).
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 4
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 7
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)