May 22, 2013, 1:37 PM EST
USA Basketball has released a list of 24 players that will be attending training camp in Colorado Springs from June 14th-19th to try and earn a spot on Team USA for the U19 championships, which take place in Prague from June 27th-July 7th.
While there is some solid talent on that roster, it’s not necessarily the best that the United States has to offer. None of Kentucky’s Class of 2013 recruits will be participating. Jabari Parker won’t be trying out for the team. Marcus Smart, Rasheed Sulaimon, Jarnell Stokes and Montrezl Harrell are some of the well-known college players that accepted an invitation, but it’s not exactly the all-american team.
It’s their decision, obviously, but it would be nice is some of the elite guys were more interested in representing their country.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy 0
- Senior starters once again lead the way for No. 15 Cincinnati 0
- Doug McDermott’s career still missing the most important part: His One Shining Moment 2
- Bryce Cotton, Providence’s marathon man, looking to lead the Friars on a run to the NCAA tournament 2
- Bubble Banter: Colorado, Dayton the day’s biggest winners 2
- After win at No. 18 SMU, No. 11 Louisville is once again peaking in March 0
- Wake Forest beats No. 4 Duke as Blue Devils struggle to score again 1
- Undefeated regular season says all we need to know about No. 2 Wichita State (9)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Finally at full strength, Michigan State sleepwalks through loss to Illinois (6)
- Kentucky hits rock bottom, loses at South Carolina (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)