May 24, 2013, 7:30 PM EST
According to the Idaho Statesman, Boise State freshman forward Vukasin Vujovic has decided to leave the program.
In his one season at Boise State, the native of Serbia saw action in just nine of the Broncos’ 32 games. In those nine games the 6-9 Vujovic averaged just 4.0 minutes and 1.4 points per game.
Vujovic’s two longest stints on the floor came against Boise State’s most overmatched opponents.
Vujovic played 12 minutes (four points, two rebounds) in the Broncos’ 105-49 win over Corban College on December 30, and two games later saw 11 minutes of action (seven points) in a 106-39 win over Walla Walla College.
According to the school Vujovic will return to Serbia to pursue other opportunities, and his departure is just the second for Boise State this offseason.
The other was senior forward Kenny Buckner, who ran out of eligibility. And with three players (guard Dezmyn Trent and forwards James Webb III and Nick Duncan) signed to National Letters of Intent the roster turnover likely isn’t complete.
Vujovic’s decision leaves head coach Leon Rice with 14 scholarship players for the 2013-14 campaign, one over the NCAA limit.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- Weekly Awards: LaDontae Henton, West Virginia with notable performances 0
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 3
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 1
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)