May 24, 2013, 7:30 PM EDT
According to the Idaho Statesman, Boise State freshman forward Vukasin Vujovic has decided to leave the program.
In his one season at Boise State, the native of Serbia saw action in just nine of the Broncos’ 32 games. In those nine games the 6-9 Vujovic averaged just 4.0 minutes and 1.4 points per game.
Vujovic’s two longest stints on the floor came against Boise State’s most overmatched opponents.
Vujovic played 12 minutes (four points, two rebounds) in the Broncos’ 105-49 win over Corban College on December 30, and two games later saw 11 minutes of action (seven points) in a 106-39 win over Walla Walla College.
According to the school Vujovic will return to Serbia to pursue other opportunities, and his departure is just the second for Boise State this offseason.
The other was senior forward Kenny Buckner, who ran out of eligibility. And with three players (guard Dezmyn Trent and forwards James Webb III and Nick Duncan) signed to National Letters of Intent the roster turnover likely isn’t complete.
Vujovic’s decision leaves head coach Leon Rice with 14 scholarship players for the 2013-14 campaign, one over the NCAA limit.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- Kyle Wiltjer to return to Gonzaga for his senior season 0
- Utah’s Jakob Poeltl will return to school for his sophomore season 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Former Kansas State guard transferring to Creighton 0
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)