May 24, 2013, 7:30 PM EST
According to the Idaho Statesman, Boise State freshman forward Vukasin Vujovic has decided to leave the program.
In his one season at Boise State, the native of Serbia saw action in just nine of the Broncos’ 32 games. In those nine games the 6-9 Vujovic averaged just 4.0 minutes and 1.4 points per game.
Vujovic’s two longest stints on the floor came against Boise State’s most overmatched opponents.
Vujovic played 12 minutes (four points, two rebounds) in the Broncos’ 105-49 win over Corban College on December 30, and two games later saw 11 minutes of action (seven points) in a 106-39 win over Walla Walla College.
According to the school Vujovic will return to Serbia to pursue other opportunities, and his departure is just the second for Boise State this offseason.
The other was senior forward Kenny Buckner, who ran out of eligibility. And with three players (guard Dezmyn Trent and forwards James Webb III and Nick Duncan) signed to National Letters of Intent the roster turnover likely isn’t complete.
Vujovic’s decision leaves head coach Leon Rice with 14 scholarship players for the 2013-14 campaign, one over the NCAA limit.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- Right wrist injury to sideline Maryland senior wing four weeks 0
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Penn State unveils new uniforms for next two games (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)