May 24, 2013, 7:30 PM EDT
According to the Idaho Statesman, Boise State freshman forward Vukasin Vujovic has decided to leave the program.
In his one season at Boise State, the native of Serbia saw action in just nine of the Broncos’ 32 games. In those nine games the 6-9 Vujovic averaged just 4.0 minutes and 1.4 points per game.
Vujovic’s two longest stints on the floor came against Boise State’s most overmatched opponents.
Vujovic played 12 minutes (four points, two rebounds) in the Broncos’ 105-49 win over Corban College on December 30, and two games later saw 11 minutes of action (seven points) in a 106-39 win over Walla Walla College.
According to the school Vujovic will return to Serbia to pursue other opportunities, and his departure is just the second for Boise State this offseason.
The other was senior forward Kenny Buckner, who ran out of eligibility. And with three players (guard Dezmyn Trent and forwards James Webb III and Nick Duncan) signed to National Letters of Intent the roster turnover likely isn’t complete.
Vujovic’s decision leaves head coach Leon Rice with 14 scholarship players for the 2013-14 campaign, one over the NCAA limit.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)