May 24, 2013, 7:30 PM EDT
According to the Idaho Statesman, Boise State freshman forward Vukasin Vujovic has decided to leave the program.
In his one season at Boise State, the native of Serbia saw action in just nine of the Broncos’ 32 games. In those nine games the 6-9 Vujovic averaged just 4.0 minutes and 1.4 points per game.
Vujovic’s two longest stints on the floor came against Boise State’s most overmatched opponents.
Vujovic played 12 minutes (four points, two rebounds) in the Broncos’ 105-49 win over Corban College on December 30, and two games later saw 11 minutes of action (seven points) in a 106-39 win over Walla Walla College.
According to the school Vujovic will return to Serbia to pursue other opportunities, and his departure is just the second for Boise State this offseason.
The other was senior forward Kenny Buckner, who ran out of eligibility. And with three players (guard Dezmyn Trent and forwards James Webb III and Nick Duncan) signed to National Letters of Intent the roster turnover likely isn’t complete.
Vujovic’s decision leaves head coach Leon Rice with 14 scholarship players for the 2013-14 campaign, one over the NCAA limit.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 37
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (37)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)