May 25, 2013, 12:10 PM EDT
EAGAN, Mn. — As the EYBL nears the end of its regular season over Memorial Day weekend near Minneapolis, many of the top uncommitted players in the 2014 class are seeing their recruitments pick up before the summer months begin.
One player drawing tons of attention is Alabama Challenge shooting guard Devin Booker. The 6-5 Booker is currently regarded as the No. 23 player in Rivals’ 2014 national rankings, and so far many of the top schools in the country have made the sweet-shooting guard a priority.
“Every school that’s recruiting has offered me so far,” Booker said. “That includes Michigan, Michigan State, Missouri, Florida, Kentucky, Duke and North Carolina.”
While Booker’s list of suitors is an impressive list, it’s been an adjustment to deal with the daily rigors of recruiting.
“It’s tough, honestly. Ever since EYBL has started back up (after April), you know every coach, it’s on a day-to-day basis, coaches have been down (to visit) and I’ve been to every school except for Kentucky,” Booker said of his recent recruitment.
Devin went on a lot of unofficial visits in the fall, except to Kentucky as he noted, but he doesn’t plan on taking any visits in the near future.
“Not any time soon; probably going to wait until the fall,” Booker said of new visits. “Because right before the season I visited six schools in a row back-to-back weekends.”
Despite Booker’s rush to visit the schools on his list, he doesn’t have a particular feel for when his recruitment will end at the moment.
“No, right now I don’t (have a timeframe on my commitment),” Booker said. “(I’m) just taking it slow and enjoying it right now.”
Since Booker has seen the campus of many of the schools recruiting him and since he’s hearing from coaches on a daily basis, he has one key factor in his decision to move forward with a commitment.
“Just trust,” Booker said. “Trust with the coach; trust with the team that I’m going to be playing with. I want the coach to trust me and I want to trust the coach also.”
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 3
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- St. John’s lands 2015 point guard Marcus LoVett Jr. (4)
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason (3)