May 25, 2013, 12:10 PM EST
EAGAN, Mn. — As the EYBL nears the end of its regular season over Memorial Day weekend near Minneapolis, many of the top uncommitted players in the 2014 class are seeing their recruitments pick up before the summer months begin.
One player drawing tons of attention is Alabama Challenge shooting guard Devin Booker. The 6-5 Booker is currently regarded as the No. 23 player in Rivals’ 2014 national rankings, and so far many of the top schools in the country have made the sweet-shooting guard a priority.
“Every school that’s recruiting has offered me so far,” Booker said. “That includes Michigan, Michigan State, Missouri, Florida, Kentucky, Duke and North Carolina.”
While Booker’s list of suitors is an impressive list, it’s been an adjustment to deal with the daily rigors of recruiting.
“It’s tough, honestly. Ever since EYBL has started back up (after April), you know every coach, it’s on a day-to-day basis, coaches have been down (to visit) and I’ve been to every school except for Kentucky,” Booker said of his recent recruitment.
Devin went on a lot of unofficial visits in the fall, except to Kentucky as he noted, but he doesn’t plan on taking any visits in the near future.
“Not any time soon; probably going to wait until the fall,” Booker said of new visits. “Because right before the season I visited six schools in a row back-to-back weekends.”
Despite Booker’s rush to visit the schools on his list, he doesn’t have a particular feel for when his recruitment will end at the moment.
“No, right now I don’t (have a timeframe on my commitment),” Booker said. “(I’m) just taking it slow and enjoying it right now.”
Since Booker has seen the campus of many of the schools recruiting him and since he’s hearing from coaches on a daily basis, he has one key factor in his decision to move forward with a commitment.
“Just trust,” Booker said. “Trust with the coach; trust with the team that I’m going to be playing with. I want the coach to trust me and I want to trust the coach also.”
- Kansas lost, but Jayhawk fans should be happy after the Colorado game 4
- Colorado needs game-winner to serve as a catalyst for Askia Booker (VIDEO) 0
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again 3
- CBT Weekly Roundtable: Figuring out the ACC 0
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games 4
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (4)
- Kansas lost, but Jayhawk fans should be happy after the Colorado game (4)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)