May 25, 2013, 11:15 AM EST
Lamar and head coach Pat Knight announced on Friday the signing of three junior college players to add to Lamar’s latest recruiting class.
The Cardinals will add a pair of forwards in Octavius Green and Tyran de Lattibeaudiere, and also add potential All-Name Team member and point guard Nimrod Hilliard. Lamar had previously signed junior college forward Donovan Ross earlier this spring and also had early signees in junior college forward Anthony Holliday and small forward Marcus Owens out of Deerfield Beach High School in Florida.
With the addition of five junior college players, as well as Owens, the Cardinals will add plenty of experienced pieces in Knight’s third season to a team that finished a disappointing 3-28 last season. Lamar made the NCAA Tournament’s First Four with a 23-12 record a season ago before Lamar’s disappointing three-win season that also included a 1-17 record in the Southland Conference.
- Bracketology: No. 1 seed line remains unsettled 0
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Carolina Part Two, and which bubble teams have the most on the line? 0
- Bubble Banter: Davidson with a big win, Stanford in trouble, and … VCU? 1
- Justin Anderson out this weekend after undergoing appendectomy 0
- West Coast Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Film Session: Who can actually beat Kentucky and why 1
- Potential NCAA tournament bid thieves bubble teams should be rooting against 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (26)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (11)
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed (9)
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives (8)