May 25, 2013, 11:15 AM EDT
Lamar and head coach Pat Knight announced on Friday the signing of three junior college players to add to Lamar’s latest recruiting class.
The Cardinals will add a pair of forwards in Octavius Green and Tyran de Lattibeaudiere, and also add potential All-Name Team member and point guard Nimrod Hilliard. Lamar had previously signed junior college forward Donovan Ross earlier this spring and also had early signees in junior college forward Anthony Holliday and small forward Marcus Owens out of Deerfield Beach High School in Florida.
With the addition of five junior college players, as well as Owens, the Cardinals will add plenty of experienced pieces in Knight’s third season to a team that finished a disappointing 3-28 last season. Lamar made the NCAA Tournament’s First Four with a 23-12 record a season ago before Lamar’s disappointing three-win season that also included a 1-17 record in the Southland Conference.
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 22
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 6
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (24)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (6)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)