May 25, 2013, 11:15 AM EDT
Lamar and head coach Pat Knight announced on Friday the signing of three junior college players to add to Lamar’s latest recruiting class.
The Cardinals will add a pair of forwards in Octavius Green and Tyran de Lattibeaudiere, and also add potential All-Name Team member and point guard Nimrod Hilliard. Lamar had previously signed junior college forward Donovan Ross earlier this spring and also had early signees in junior college forward Anthony Holliday and small forward Marcus Owens out of Deerfield Beach High School in Florida.
With the addition of five junior college players, as well as Owens, the Cardinals will add plenty of experienced pieces in Knight’s third season to a team that finished a disappointing 3-28 last season. Lamar made the NCAA Tournament’s First Four with a 23-12 record a season ago before Lamar’s disappointing three-win season that also included a 1-17 record in the Southland Conference.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 2
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)