May 25, 2013, 11:15 AM EDT
Lamar and head coach Pat Knight announced on Friday the signing of three junior college players to add to Lamar’s latest recruiting class.
The Cardinals will add a pair of forwards in Octavius Green and Tyran de Lattibeaudiere, and also add potential All-Name Team member and point guard Nimrod Hilliard. Lamar had previously signed junior college forward Donovan Ross earlier this spring and also had early signees in junior college forward Anthony Holliday and small forward Marcus Owens out of Deerfield Beach High School in Florida.
With the addition of five junior college players, as well as Owens, the Cardinals will add plenty of experienced pieces in Knight’s third season to a team that finished a disappointing 3-28 last season. Lamar made the NCAA Tournament’s First Four with a 23-12 record a season ago before Lamar’s disappointing three-win season that also included a 1-17 record in the Southland Conference.
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 2
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (7)