May 25, 2013, 11:15 AM EDT
Lamar and head coach Pat Knight announced on Friday the signing of three junior college players to add to Lamar’s latest recruiting class.
The Cardinals will add a pair of forwards in Octavius Green and Tyran de Lattibeaudiere, and also add potential All-Name Team member and point guard Nimrod Hilliard. Lamar had previously signed junior college forward Donovan Ross earlier this spring and also had early signees in junior college forward Anthony Holliday and small forward Marcus Owens out of Deerfield Beach High School in Florida.
With the addition of five junior college players, as well as Owens, the Cardinals will add plenty of experienced pieces in Knight’s third season to a team that finished a disappointing 3-28 last season. Lamar made the NCAA Tournament’s First Four with a 23-12 record a season ago before Lamar’s disappointing three-win season that also included a 1-17 record in the Southland Conference.
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- July Live Period Preview: The events to keep an eye on in Vegas this week 0
- Contender for No. 1 in 2016 class, Harry Giles, cuts list to five 10
- Drake committed an NCAA violation while at Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness (11)
- Maryland fans still hate Mike Krzyzewski (8)
- List for potential nicknames for North Dakota down to five (8)
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Are college teams going to be available on NBA 2K? (3)