May 26, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
Last Thursday, former Duke forward Ryan Kelly–a potential pick in the NBA Draft–tweeted out that he proposed to Lindsay Cowher.
Yes, Lindsay is the daughter of that Cowher, as in former Pittsburgh Steelers head coach and current CBS analyst Bill Cowher.
Kelly and Cowher both attended Ravenscroft School in Raleigh, NC. Like Kelly, Cowher excelled on the hardwood earning a scholarship to Wofford College.
According to reports, the proposal came in Raleigh’s Durant Nature Park.
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)