May 26, 2013, 12:16 PM EST
Last Thursday, former Duke forward Ryan Kelly–a potential pick in the NBA Draft–tweeted out that he proposed to Lindsay Cowher.
Yes, Lindsay is the daughter of that Cowher, as in former Pittsburgh Steelers head coach and current CBS analyst Bill Cowher.
Kelly and Cowher both attended Ravenscroft School in Raleigh, NC. Like Kelly, Cowher excelled on the hardwood earning a scholarship to Wofford College.
According to reports, the proposal came in Raleigh’s Durant Nature Park.
You can find Kevin on twitter @KLDoyle11
- New Year’s Resolutions: Illinois Fighting Illini 0
- NBCSports.com Midseason All-American Team 0
- Kentucky still has one more major test to pass this season and it might not come against Louisville 1
- Tracking The Unbeatens: The showdown between Kentucky, Louisville looms 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Ohio State Buckeyes 0
- Weekly Awards: Marquette’s new addition, a shakeup in Pac-12’s power structure ? 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Top 25: Virginia moves up, three teams drop out 1
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (3)
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend (3)